The jokers were fussy cut from some fabric I purchased recently, and then the remaining fabrics were all pulled from the scrap bin.
Also from the scrap bin, I pulled fabrics to make the remaining four 9-patches for the Welcome Home small quilt mystery. The four blocks from yesterday's sewing are across the top. The rest were made earlier.
Caught up on my challenges, it was time to get to work on the Mommy & Me baby quilt. As you might guess, I had plenty of help for this.
I'm using fabrics I purchased especially for the pattern, and also pulled some appropriate aquas and grays from my stash.
Yesterday's task involved cutting a variety of 5 x 5 squares and working to achieve a pleasing mix of colors and patterns. There are three rows above the elephant applique and two below.
I ended up cutting more than I needed just to get a good mix. When I had the top three rows laid out, I decided to give it a rest for the day. It was hard choosing a good mix. As I'm looking at this, I think I need to substitute one of the blue and gray circle patches for one of the large aqua polka dots in the bottom row. Also, I think those gray and white polka dots might be a little too evenly spaced across the whole. Random layouts are the hardest for me.
This morning I'm walking with Sue. When I get home, I'll take another look at this and then start sewing the rows together. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm waiting on some fabric for the elephant applique. For now, I'm just sewing the background pieces together.