9/10/16

Quilt Shop: Quilt Expressions, Boise, Idaho

This was the second of two quilt shops we visited in Boise. There were many more listed on my Quilt Shop app. Boise quilters are a lucky group to have so many great quilt shops in town. This was another very large shop. The store itself was in the bright sunshine, but if you notice in the reflection of the doors, the parking lot was nicely shaded. It was a nice napping spot for Mike.


It was actually not too far from the RV park where we stayed.


When you walk through the front door, you see this.


I can only think they are huge Kaffe Fassett fans because they had two huge walls of his fabrics.



 When we're traveling, I'm always on the lookout for regional prints. They had a nice supply.


Lots of wools.


Also, a really nice supply of juvenile and novelty prints.


To my eye, there's something very appealing about a wall of black and whites.


They had lots of pretty batiks.


And I do loves me some polka dots.


If you see the sign in the image below, it says "Quilt Expressions' Original Patterns". This confused me a little because they were almost exclusively traditional blocks. I suppose you could call it an "original" pattern if you put the blocks in a particular configuration, but to my way of thinking, there was nothing "original" about these. Below, however, those fabrics were all on sale.


On the left side of the store were some long arm machines and they could be rented.


Most of the regional prints were cowboy prints, and nothing against cowboys, but those fabrics just aren't really my thing. For my 365 circle quilt, I selected this one. Boise is known as the "City of Trees" and so this seemed like a good choice. You can read an article about how Boise became the city of trees right here.


This was another great shop, well worth a look if you find yourself in Boise. I give it my highest rating.


Today I visited a quilt shop in Hailey, Idaho, and it was another great shop. I'm hitting the jackpot this trip. Stay tuned.

*Disclaimer:  Cat Patches accepts no advertising, nor any sponsorships.  The opinions expressed on this blog are based on the personal impressions and perceptions of the author. They are formed  on the basis of one short visit, on one day, and may or may not reflect the experience of others visiting on a different day.  They are no more descriptive than a single snapshot image can be, and nothing written in a review of a quilt shop should be construed as objective fact.  The reviews are strictly the author's subjective opinion and should not be interpreted as anything more.

9 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I absolutely love your quilt shop reviews. I'm adding this shop to my bucket list. An amazing shop.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Anonymous said...

I am catching up on your last few posts....love that picture of the black and white fabrics....I never used to even look at B&W fabrics, and now I am drawn to them!
Love your scenic photographs....I am enjoying traveling along with you, through your photography....Thanks for sharing your journey !!
Sandra B
scb304@juno.com

Sarah said...

Oh I wish I could get to that B&W wall, as well. I am working on a BW "lifetime" hexie project - lifetime cuz the BW supply is limited in these here parts. Do tell - did you buy anything besides the trees?

Quilting Babcia said...

A quilt shop with a shady parking lot - a VERY winning combination!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely quilt shop, but what excited me the most was the long arm machines for rent!!! Sounds like you are having a great time. Blessings, Gretchen

Lyndsey said...

I also love the black and white fabric. I wish I could find two such great quilt shops so close to each other, I would be in heaven.

quiltzyx said...

Love that one dot of red in the photo of the black & whites. :^)
Mmmmm Batiks & polka dots, indeed a delight of a quilt shop.

Dar said...

WOW, that looked like a fabulous store.

Brown Family said...

One of my friends is a huge fan of Kaffe Fassett. Me, not so much. I do like the dots and batiks!