That's okay because I had a pretty laid back day on Monday. I was able to finish the April block for
April's color was "monarch". In other words, orange with hints of brown and/or black. When I was finished with the fusible, here's where it stood.
After that, I had plenty of time to do the top-stitching and it was finished.
Of course, the cat has the best seat in the house. You thought it would be otherwise?
Now here's a question for those of you who are more "crafty" than I. Those little flower buttons in the window box are glued down with a glue gun. I have trouble with the glue gun leaving strings of glue every time I move it away from the spot I'm trying to glue. What am I doing wrong? Anything? Is there some way to keep that from happening? I tried putting the glue down in a different container, thinking I could use a pin or a bamboo skewer to put a dot right where I wanted it. That didn't work because it hardened almost instantly. So...I got 'er done, but I have to think there's a better way. If you know glue guns, please share.
So here are the four blocks I have for the "Wheel Estate" quilt so far:
Also yesterday, I checked the greenhouse and found that 3 of 5 of the seeds for the butterhead lettuce have already sprouted. I tried to take a picture, but they're really still too tiny for photography. I'll get them when they show themselves a little more. It's always exciting when things start sprouting. For now, all I have to show you are these little flowers on the wild strawberries at the upper end of the herb garden. The strawberries they produce are no larger than a caper, but they're still fun to pop into your mouth on a summer day.
When I get back to the machine, I'm going to start piecing together the Cats of a Different Color.
No doubt, I'll be spending some time with my flower pots before I have time to do more sewing.