4/24/16

Nothing but Slow Stitching

It's a definite Slow Stitching Sunday here at the Three Cats Ranch. This morning I finished off the last of the Gingerbread Square block. This is Block #8 of nine blocks...yahoo!


Just one more to go on this. It'll be the Main Street Shops. Very cute.


One of today's goals is to trace out the next block for Hocuspocusville. This will be the sixth of 12 blocks. This one is Le Witche Boutique. Capes are half off!


When I had the stitching for the Gingerbread Square block finished, I moved on and continued with hand-stitching the binding for the Sweet Tweets table runner. I've turned three corners now. The pink binding was the touch it needed I think. I'm liking it much better now.


It should be easy enough to finish that off today, and then for the remainder of the month, I'm going to get to work making a flimsy from the Debbie Mumm quilt blocks. This is one of my oldest WIP's.


Since I'm taking Pfelicity to my class next week, I'm going to set her up today and use her to do my piecing. I don't use that machine often enough, and I have to refamiliarize myself with it. It's a great little machine. I like it a lot.

Tomorrow I'll get to work stitching Block #52 for the Live, Love, Teach quilt. It won't take more than one sitting.


The weather continues to be cool and showery, which makes it great sewing weather, fast or slow stitching.

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You are having a lovely slow day.

Lyndsey said...

What a lovely stitching day and really pretty stitcheries.

quiltzyx said...

Hard for me to believe you only have one gingerbread block left to go! Seems like you just started it to me. Must be because you distract me with all gorgeous flower & cat pics.

Dana Gaffney said...

I don't want the Gingerbread blocks to end, I love the colors and really just the whole thing, could you start over?

CathieJ said...

I love watching your progress on the gingerbread blocks. I want to try them myself but I am somewhat apprehensive. All of your stitching is very pretty.

Kate said...

You are moving right along with all your projects. You manage to get a lot done each week.