1/23/15

Santastic!

This has been the best couple of days. I can't emphasize enough how much fun I've had making these little wool figurines. Today we made the Santa. I have more pictures and there's nothing I'd rather do right now than show you all the steps that led up to the finished piece...nothing, that is, except rest my neck.

With that in mind, I'll save all the details for when I get back home and just show you my finished Santa. I'm so proud of him!


Fun, huh?

Tomorrow is the quilt show, and so I'll be taking pictures of the quilts to show you. I imagine I might peruse Heidi's booth while I'm there and stock up on some wool fibers. (Honestly...how could I resist?)  Mike is coming over this evening, and we'll go to dinner. Then Sue is coming in the morning. We'll take a walk through the Oregon Garden, and then go to the quilt show together. There's still lots to do before I head back home, so stay tuned for more.

For now, I'm going to cut this short and lie down for a bit before Mike gets here. Have a great weekend, everybody!

21 comments:

gpc said...

How stinkin' cute. What a fun new craft! I'll have to watch for someone local who teaches how to do it! You are a trailblazer. :)

WoolenSails said...

That is so fun and you did a wonderful job on him. I really need to get mine out, maybe this weekend. I have done a few simple birds, but love doing more detail. I used to do wood carving and think this would be similar, but easier on my hands.

Debbie

Bev said...

Great job. That Santa is dang cute. Enjoy the quilt show. Can't wait to see the pics.

Junebug613 said...

Fantastic! Cute Santa! Glad you are enjoying yourself. Sounds like a fun weekend. I hope your neck feels better! I'm looking forward to the quilt show post!

Marlene said...

Santastic indeed-great job. Of course you need to stock up on supplies-I see more of this craft in your future. Enjoy dinner tonight and enjoy the show-look forward to your posts.

quiltzyx said...

When I read Marlene's comment, this is what I saw: "Santastic indeed-great JAB"!!! Hah! Well, that works too, doesn't it? Now I want to learn to do more of this too! Hope you had a lovely dinner with Mike & have fun tomorrow with Sue too! I'm off to the Road to California show tomorrow, so maybe I'll get some pictures to share too.

Ann said...

Wow, Santa has been on a diet. hehehehe He is absolutely perfect. Nice job.

Dana Gaffney said...

He's adorable, I still can't believe you can get that far in two days.

Barb H said...

"Dang cute!" "Stinkin' cute!" What can I add? He's all around cute!

LethargicLass said...

oh he is cute!! Great job :) Hope the neck feels better!

Jeanie said...

Oh my.... he's cute as a bug! Hope he gets to sit around and not get packed away with the Christmas goodies until next year. He deserves to be admired for awhile!

Lou said...

He is SO cute!!!! Great job!! Have fun at teh Show!

Lynne said...

Very cute indeed! I hope your neck is feeling better soon! I was working on putting together the rows of a QAYG project and had to stop because of the pain in my neck and shoulders!

Tami C said...

He turned out just adorable! Based on how much you enjoyed this class, then you definitely have to pick up some supplies to do some more!

Shari said...

He's so adorable. I'd love to take a class from her.

Kate said...

Your Santa looks very Christmassy, which is just right. Enjoy the quilt show tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

crazy quilter said...

sure Love your Santa! You are an expert now! Great work, so glad you had fun.

crazy quilter said...

One more thought, what will Mr Smitty think of him? Lol

Michele said...

Oh he is so, co cute! Nicely done.

Brown Family said...

You did fantastic! he is very cute1

Jackie said...

Love this! Stopping by from Val's Quilting Studio.