12/20/14

Furrnal Exam

Hey, Smitty! Come downstairs! Mom laid her quilt on the floor and it's time fur us to examine it.


So, I've given it a cursory walk-through. Looks like everything is in order.


I've already done the snugglability test.


I'm a stickler for snugglability, you know. This one is roly AND poly! 


You don't often find both together, so I'm giving it an A+ on snugglability.


Check it out for yourself, Smitty. See what you think.


Geez, Smitty. Have you been hunting gophers in the compost pile again?


Man, you need to do some work on your furs there, my friend. You've got some serious stinkum going there, Bud.


So, Gracie, there's something bothering me about this quilt.


Did you see this cat?


Mom quilted stripes onto it, but that's just wrong. Whoever heard of a stripedy cat? Just think about those other cats we know. Take Uno, for example.


He has patches like you, Gracie, although I'm saying that's one seriously butt-ugly cat.

And think about that big cat, Bob.


You know the one who caught and ate the red dot and then grew gargantuan? Yeah, that one. He has spots like me. So what's up with Mom quilting stripes on that garden cat? That's just wrong. Weird, man. Whoever heard of that?


I see what you mean, Smitty. Obviously, an impropurr use of stripes. She said she wants to enter this one in the next Oregon State Fur. We should probably let her know furst.



Do you think Mom's been hitting the holiday eggnog too hard?

15 comments:

Jeanie said...

Quality control is pretty rough at your house but they seem to have your best interest at heart.... they sure are thorough!

liniecat said...

LOLOLOL
love it ............

SewCalGal said...

Too cute. Smitty is the purrfect quilt tester. BTW - Beautiful quilt.

Fun post too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Shari said...

Too cute! My two cats like to check out all of my quilts, too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ah, a double cat-scan - purfect. Now Mr Smits - you have stripes.

beaquilter said...

I think it's purrfect

Teresa in Music City said...

Phew! I'm sure glad your quilt passed the inspection! Love Sharon's word - "cat-scan" - I'll have to remember that one!!!

quiltzyx said...

Darned good quilt that it passed Gracies snugglability test with such flying colors - I mean she even let us have a peek at her cute pink tummy! Thanks to both of them for testing it out.

Kate said...

Gracie and Smitty are such thoughtful quilt inspectors. You'll definitely do well now that they've found all the quilts good points and any potential award spoilers.

Kirsty said...

Hey Gracie and Smitty, Zorro and I are hanging out on our human's quilt as we read your post and we agree with you on the ropy- poly-ness of quilts. Very impurrtant. We also like the little stitchings, it has a nice feel under the pads and the claws have something to hang on to, you know? Of course, batting is soooo underrated. We love a good snuggle and those batting filled quilts our human makes are just so darned purrfect. They're especially good when we have a good knead with our paws and then they soak up the dribble if we get blissed out on it. Oh, and you know how it's raining there? Its raining here too! Our human is annoyed because she says its supposed to be summer but we like a bit of rain and these quilt soak it up from our fur real nice. So, yeah, good blog post. Did I mention you look really pretty in those pictures, Gracie? Uh oh, my human is coming back, gotta get off the computer before she see's me using it. Bye! LFLF (Love From Lil' Fluff) ....and from my big fat stupid big brother, Zorro, too.

QuiltSue said...

Gosh, you two are tough examiners aren't you?

Donna said...

Good to see you Gracie! You're doing such a good job!

Unknown said...

You are so funny. I look so forward to your post everyday to see what you and your cats are doing.

Brown Family said...

Gracie, you are a good quality control cat! snugglability is very important. Keeping your brother in line is also an important job!

Michele said...

Your mom certainly couldn't even think about considering that quilt done before it got its purroper inspection and I'm glad that you passed it even with the little impurrfection.