9/1/14

September Progress Report and Goal Setting

Quilting and Flimsies

1. Quilt and bind Joseph's Quilt. I sandwiched this quilt months ago, and I'm determined to finish it in August. Complete!




2. Quilt and bind Happy Campers. I need to have it finished before we take off on our trip on August 31st. Complete!




3. Finish the quilt top for "Hello Moon". No Progress. HOWEVER, I changed my mind about this project mid-month. I started looking at my list of projects, and I've decided to work from the oldest forward. With that in mind, my oldest project was the Gardener's Journal. I've been feeling a yen to finish it, and so I set my sites on that project as my finished top for the month. And how did I do? Close, but no cigar. This one is In Progress. It'll have to wait until we get back from our trip. Here's how it looked when I had to stop for the month. Just the borders are left to do.


Monthly Challenges

4.  I'd still like to make the project I had planned for the monthly "Let's Book It" challenge last month.



 My goal from July was to make a project from this book:


And that goal is Complete! Here's my project:



5. Start a quilt for the August NewFO Challenge:



The quilt I listed as my July NewFO way back in December of last year was this "Sunny Trio" table runner from Patrick Lose. It's been on my list literally for years, and I'd still like to get started on it. Maybe I'll make it in August. No Progress on the Sunny Trio, but I did start something new when I attended the Association of Pacific West Quilters Symposium in Tacoma earlier this month. And so that means this goal is Complete!



WIP's

6. It's tempting to end my list right there, but I'd really like to finish the next door for the Doors of Ireland quilt. It's been on my to-do list for a long time, and it's time to get it finished. No Progress.


* * * * *

As for my September goals...here's something new: NO GOALS!!!

I'll be traveling all month, and so there's no point. It can only serve to stress me out. I'm not taking my sewing machine, but I am taking some embroidery. I suppose I could set a goal to finish another embroidered quilt block, but I'm not even doing that. I'm just going to enjoy my vacation and pick up on my sewing when I get back. And by the time you read this, I'll already be on my way...somewhere in Montana, no doubt.

I'm blogging all the way, as I always do when we take a trip like this. I hope you'll follow along because we're going to have a good time. We're going to meet some good friends from Blogville along the way, and I'm looking forward to that. Have a good September!

5 comments:

gpc said...

You had a very impressive August! And from my point of view, time with your husband and new sights to see will make it a very impressive September, too. :)

Kate said...

You did really well in August. One advantage of taking a month off is that you'll be ready to get back in the sewing room when you get home.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

August was a good month - a no goal month of just enjoying a vacation sounds good to me.

Jacquelynne Steves said...

I love the embroidery in your Garden quilt :)
Wishing you happy and safe travels!

quiltzyx said...

Even with everything else going on in August, you still a good job finishing. And good on ya for REALLY taking a vacation & not trying to make a to do list for September!!

Safe journeys!