6/13/14

Three More Rows Down

This morning, I added two more rows to what I completed yesterday on the Good Morning quilt.


I sewed the top four rows together and then did some housework and fed the birds. We've had rain the past two days, and so there wasn't much to do outside other than filling the birdfeeders.

When I had that all done, I finished up the next row along with its sashing. When it's laid out along with the top half of the quilt, it looks like this.


There are still two more rows of blocks and one more row of sashing and cornerstones. When I have the bottom rows finished, I'll sew them together and then sew them to the top half of the quilt. It has a narrow white border around the whole thing, but then it will be finished. I'm gaining on it.

When I got this far, Smitty needed someone to accompany him on his nap. My neck was bothering me by this time, and so I was happy to help out.

It's a busy weekend ahead. I'm going to the Farmer's Market and having lunch with my friend Carla tomorrow. You may remember that Carla and I made doll quilts together last fall.


It'll be good to see Carla because we haven't seen one another since. It'll also be good to see those lovely Oregon strawberries that are in the markets now. 

Then, Sunday is Father's Day and Matthew's graduation. A great way to spend the day, no? I always make Eggs Benedict for Mike on Father's Day, and so we'll start off with that. Matthew's graduation is an early afternoon outdoor ceremony. Hopefully, the weather will have cleared up by then.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So close to finishing, and it looks lovely. Enjoy your weekend with friends and family.

Brown Family said...

I like the colors and the corner stones!

Cathy said...

I love your quilt in progress. It makes me smile. Hugs

Junebug613 said...

I really love the colors in this. Very cheerful. Hooray for visiting with a friend!

Diane Wild said...

A nice homey quilt coming together for you. My weekend looks like a washout. Raining now and predicted all day. There goes the BluesFest. I think I'll quilt.

Kate said...

The Good Morning quilt is coming right along.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Congratulations to Matthew on his graduation.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

So pretty with those bright cornerstones.

Congrats to the Graduate !~!

Finishing Karen's quilt is what I plan. I have to patch together batting and then make the backing bigger with some T blocks-her last name starts with T and I have often called her KarenT--all one word !~!

Have a great time tomorrow. Hugs to all the men who have proven their mettle and those who struggle to find theirs.

quiltzyx said...

The Good Morning quilt is SO cheerful - nice job. :)

Enjoy your lunch with Carla & may some of my weather be yours for the day!