4/10/14

Don't Forget the Red Hot Peppers

This afternoon I was able to get some of the quilting done on my Chili Rounder table topper. This is turning out better than expected so far. I'll admit to being a little worried about how my machine would handle quilting through that fusible applique, but so far, no problems. (Knocking on wood now.)

I started in the center, outlining each pepper and its stem, and then quilting the interior using the motifs suggested in the pattern. That meant switching out my foot each time I went from outlining to quilting and back again, but it was less of a hassle than you might think. So here are the peppers I finished today:

This red pepper was designated as "mild":


The yellow pepper was designated as "hot".


This rose-colored pepper was designated as "medium".


This green pepper was designated as "spicy".


And that's as far as I got for today. Tomorrow I'll pick it up again with the green pepper near the middle. That one is designated as "smoky". Are you curious what the "smoky" motif will be?

This is how it's looking so far.


And here's how it looks from the back.


Tomorrow morning I'm walking with my friend Sue. We're trying a different trail tomorrow, and so I'm going to take my camera along. I have no idea whether there will be anything worth photographing, but we'll see. I'm hoping to have enough time in the afternoon to finish this up.

13 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The quilting really adds life to this fun project. Enjoy your walk - I hope to get one in too as we are to go into the60's - yeah!!

Angie in SoCal said...

I'm scheduled for a walk to with my friend, Gloria. I have to walk five days a week - working on bringing my glucose down. That quilting you did looks great. I like the stitch you used on the edges.

quiltzyx said...

Another fine job on quilting! I like the different design for each heat level.
Say hi to Sue & have a lovely walk tomorrow!! I have to get my car smog tested, so decided I'm going to run some other errands as long as I'm out & about. I have a new favorite breakfast - cold oatmeal! No cooking at all, you mix a cup of old fashioned oats, a cup of milk & a cup of Greek yogurt, whatever sweetener & "add ins" you'd like. Then I divided it into 3 one-cup containers, layered in some frozen blueberries & put it in the fridge. Overnight the oats soften & soak up the milk & yogurt & it was really tasty! I used vanilla yogurt in mine, with maybe 2 tsps of simple syrup to sweeten it. I think I'm going to get some almonds to add in next time too, for more protein.

Tami C said...

Your peppers are really starting to look fun! Hope you find some nice things to take pictures of on your walk with Sue.

Dana Gaffney said...

That looks great!

Marei said...

The idea of different "heat" levels for each of the peppers is wonderful and I like the quilting they've suggested. This topper just keeps getting cuter. I'm heading out for a walk as well....with my 4-legged friend. The news last night said it's time to start watching for rattlesnakes already. Yikes!!

Lyndsey said...

I love the way the quilting is going. Enjoy your walk tomorrow

Lyndsey said...

I love the way the quilting is going. Enjoy your walk tomorrow

Junebug613 said...

Looking great!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Those peppers are smokin', super cute project. Now that I'm home from my So Cal adventures I'll be able to get started on quilting the two baby quilts I have basted and maybe then I can move on. I'm tired of pastels and ready for for some real color!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really turned out great!!

Brown Family said...

I like the different quilting on each pepper according to its taste!

Kate said...

Such a fun project. The quilting looks great.