My goals for September were scaled back because we were traveling for most of the month. I had to finish everything up during the first week of the month. Here's what I was hoping to finish during the month of September:
Finally, my September NewFO project, the first block for the Pony Express quilt. Complete!
So...a short list makes for quick work!
My October is busier by far.
1. Quilt and Bind the White Trees quilt (pictured above). My goal this year has been to finish a top each month, and then quilt it in the following month. So far, I'm eight for eight for the year.
2. Finish the top for the Vintage Miniature Sewing Machines quilt. I need to sew the blocks together with a sashing and add the borders. Here are the completed hand-embroidered quilt blocks.
3. I'm embarrassed to add the Doors of Ireland quilt back to the list since making the next door has been on my list since July, and I've made absolutely no progress on it. Here is the next door I want to make.
4. Another embarrassment for the list is the next block for the Folk Art Cats quilt, and that has been on my list since July as well. Maybe this will be the month that I actually make some progress on these two projects.
Those are the projects I really want to get done, and if I have time, I'm hoping to get somewhere with the rest of these.
5. Add the final two rows to the Salt Water Taffy flannel quilt. I want to sew this all together during the month of November so that I can be ready to tie it in December. Here's what I have so far. I started this qiult in May of 2012, so I think it's about time that it makes it to the home stretch, don't you?
6. Finish the first Wind in the Whiskers block. I've only barely started on this, and I already have blocks two and three. Behind, as usual.
7. Piece together section D of the Gardener's Journal quilt. I'll be adding Section D to the three sections I've already completed. Here's what I have so far.
And sometime during the month, I'll be wanting to get caught up on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, contribute a block to the Block Lotto (which I've been missing the past couple of months), and also start my October NewFO project, a table runner for Halloween. If possible I'd like to add another block or two to the Hello Moon BOM, but as of this writing, I'm still waiting for the August block to be posted. (In fairness, I'm writing this post a month ahead of time because of our travel schedule.)
So I'd say that's an ambitious list. Now I'm ready to party! I'll be linking up to the goal setting party at:
And on the first Thursday, I'll link to:
An impressive list to be sure!
Good luck! :^)
Well, there is 5 weeks in Oct. so maybe even 5 of the 7 on the list would be doable and an accomplishment.
I love the orange trim on the windows and doors, that will be so pretty when you quilt it! Of course I always love the rest of your work too.
Wow! What a list! I'm so ready to be retired and have more time for my projects! :)
I love the next door from Ireland, and I actually squealed over the darling Wind in the Whiskers block -- so, so cute!
Looks like a fun month of sewing to me... I can't wait to follow along with Wind in the Whiskers!
A busy month ahead for you Barbara but you should be fresh and perky from your travels. I love the whiskers in the wind quilt.
Why feel embarrassed? You're making progress (and finishing!) many beautiful projects.
You accomplished a lot last month considering you didn't have much time to work. You have set quite a goal for yourself for October. Love the Wind in the Whispers block!!
You really have done a lot of quilting this year and finishing, I need to work on the finishing part, lol.
I just love that vintage sewing machine quilt. I thought of you today, while at the lumber store. I was strolling thru the Halloween department, and saw some 'caution' tape with just kitties on it. Cute!
Don't you just love a new list? I get giddy at the beginning of each month as I contemplate all the wonderous things I'm going to accomplish. The giddiness does wear off a little bit as the month end draws near and I realize I've spent my time doing everything BUT what I had on my list. Oh well...a list is really just a suggestion, don't you think? Kind of like having "wash the windows" on your list. I mean, really. Who does that?
You have a lot to do. Hope you can get it all done!
You've got a lot of projects on your plate for this next month. Your White Trees turned out real nice! You've done a beautiful job on your Vintage Miniature Sewing Machines. I think I'd like to do some stitchery myself. The Druid Lane storefront is really nice. I remember Bonnie showing quit a few storefront during her trip. I haven't even started on my first Wind in the Whiskers block. I think I'll just wait until you've finished it. :)
That is a big list. Good luck with it all.
It's an ambitious list, but everything on it is so fun. :) And if it keeps raining, you'll have plenty of sewing time! ;D
I love your sewing machine blocks. You achieved so much in September. Good luck with your October goals.
Love the sewing machine blocks all together. That's going to be a beautiful quilt when you get it assembled. You did well considering you were on the road. Good luck with your October goals.
That's quite a list for October. Are you on track given we're almost two thirds of the way through?
Post a Comment