6/9/13

What's Next?

This morning started out with me finishing the embroidery on the June doll quilt I'm making for my partner.  After I finished the embroidery, I was ready to sandwich the quilt for quilting.  I told myself I'd do that much, then get dressed and start my day for real.  But then when it was sandwiched, I decided I'd start the quilting.  I told myself I'd just do a little bit.  And then, it was finished.  And then, it just needed a binding.  I told myself I'd just do the machine sewing.  But then I decided to hand stitch it too.  And then it was finished.  Huh.  I wasn't expecting that to happen so fast.  Here's a peek:


So now I'm trying to decide what to do next.  For one thing, I'm going to make up the next stitchery so that I'll have some hand sewing to do tomorrow morning.  I never feel as if the day gets off to a good start unless I get to do some hand sewing.  My next project is this Wonky Houses stitchery, created by the talented Jenny of Elefantz.


I intended to start on this a couple of weeks ago when I realized I needed a lot more different colors of floss.  The latest quilted snowlady jumped in line ahead of the houses, but now I'm ready to start on it.  After that, I think I'll make some blocks, or start on one of the smaller projects listed on this month's goals.

Here's something I thought you'd want to see about how the Three Cats Ranch operates.  This is the grazing part of our cat ranching operation.


Too bad they don't make much of a dent in the grass.


Our neighbors manage to keep their field mowed by turning loose their goats.  Somehow, the cats just don't pack the same appetite that the goats do.

Gracie's next move is to go hork some up on the new carpet.  It hasn't been christened properly yet...which is surprising when you stop to think about it.


9 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. Looks like the kitties had good weather for grazing today.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sometimes it just feels right to just stay on with a project - satisfying. Oh, I made the Wonky Houses in the beginning and they were a housewarming gift for a friend who adores them. My kitties have different grazing areas - Moe thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

Denise :) said...

"Hork" ... out of this whole post, that's what I choose to comment on. Which I guess makes me not much better than the cat, huh?

Brown Family said...

ANgel has been testing the grass outside. SHe has tried several kinds and finally found the best one to hork up!

Nan

Liz said...

Do they eat your tree at Christmas time? Ours do. I always say it doesn't seem like Christmas without sicked up pine needles around the house. It's just as well I love those boys...

Meg said...

The work 'hork' made me laugh! I of course know what you meant but have never heard that word before. As I was reading I was thinking 'you mean these cats eat all that grass and never puke it up?' - then I read the next sentence. Good one.

Beautiful work again - anxious to see the quilt opened up. You are a quilting machine - getting so much done!

Do you ever worry about predators with your cats outside where you live? Two of our cats go outside at the cabin in Wisconsin. They really just stick around but I always worry about the eagle that nests on the island of the lake not too far away. The lake is somewhat small plus with the keen vision we all hear they have I do worry. I try to be outside when they are out but it does happen that someone isn't always there.

Have a good Monday!

Meg

Diane Wild said...

It always feels good to finally finish a project but then there is a "lost" period when you can't decide what to do next. Right? I fed the neighbors cats the past few days and yes, one had to "hork" which is no surprise.

Marei said...

Don't you just love a horked up slimy ball of grass on the carpet? When I had cats I always preferred finding those presents with my "eyes" before I found them with my "toes". Yuk!!

quiltzyx said...

Grazing kitties - love it! I, too, was wondering if one or both of them would be chucking grass up outside or inside...then you told us. LOL