6/27/13

Berry Happy

The perm turned out okay.  I changed my profile picture, tiny though it is.  It's not a very good picture.  I'll try posting another eventually, but since I dislike seeing pictures of myself, don't look for that any time soon.  Smitty did a double take.


Feeling chipper that my perm turned out okay, I decided to stop at the farm stand on the way home and pick up some berries.


There is nothing I love more than fresh berries.  Any berry will do.  Our nine months of rain all seem to fade from memory when the sun comes out and the fresh berries are in season.  These are destined to become raspberry infused vodka and Bumbleberry Jalousie.  I've made the same recipe using apples before, but this time I'm going to try the variation that uses mixed berries.  I'm using raspberries, marionberries, and blueberries.  It is deceptively simple to make, and I have all the ingredients to get started right away!  I'll take a picture when it's finished.

When I got home I went out to the greenhouse to pick some lettuce for dinner.  My goodness, the tomatoes have gotten big!


It has rained all week, and so I haven't checked on them since Monday.  I swear they have grown a foot since I last looked.  And there are too many tomatoes to count now.  


It's good because I'm going to use up my last two jars of home made pasta sauce from last summer.  Come on tomatoes!  SAL-sa!  SAL-sa! SAL-sa!  Mmmmmmmm.  We ate last summer's salsa way too fast.

Smitty is just happy that the sunshine is back and that people are coming outside again.


He's become the mighty gopher hunter, much to Mike's delight.  Also, he's pretty much chased the squirrels away from the house, which means no digging around our rock wall.  Who knew he would become such a good hunter?  But there you go.  Obviously, a cat of many talents.

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks good and a nice cut for the summer. I hate pictures of me, for some reason the camera makes me look old and ugly, lol.

Debbie

gpc said...

The perm is cute! The berries look fabulous, and your tomatoes put mine to shame!

Donna said...

The perm looks good. That is an I am impressed look on Smitty's face.

Brown Family said...

THe berries look wonderful! I love raspberries!

Nan

quiltzyx said...

Yay perm! Looks good.

The berries look soooo good! It's too hot to go out today. Maybe I'll get up early tomorrow & make it to the store & get some berries for myself.

Way to go Smitty!

Cath said...

Love the picture of the berries. Will you be using that as your "RED" photoaday prompt? I swear Smitty gets more handsome every time I see him. :)
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Kate said...

Not much beats fresh berries. Your's look yummy. The perm looks great. It will definitely easy care, which for me is priority number 1 in any hair style.