10/14/12

Another One Done and Stash Report

This morning I sat and finished the September block for the Vintage Miniature Sewing Machines quilt. This one is called "The Little Belle", and there is information about the sewing machine on a previous blog post.


I have the transfer for the October block waiting for me as well, but I haven't yet made up the stitchery.  First, I need to finish the stitchery for the September Promises & Borders BOM.  I drew this one out about six weeks ago, and it's next on my list to do.


This one is less involved than the stitchery from last month, and so I expect it to go fairly quickly.  

Today I'm machine sewing the binding onto Mr. Bear's quilt.  I continue to focus on projects that will be easy to do from my temporary sewing station at my dining room table.  The repairs to the sewing room are coming along, but it's going to be at least a week before I'm able to move back in.

And because of that, I've used very little fabric.  So here's my stash report, such as it is.


Fabric Used:  3/4 yards
Fabric Used in 2012: 117 3/4 yards

Fabric Purchased: Zip
Total Fabric Purchased in 2012:  125 3/4 yards

Net Stashed in 2012:  8 yards

It shouldn't be hard to use that eight yards before the end of the year and finish up in the minus column.  I just need one good finish and a big quilt back, and I'm there.


8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your Little Belle.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful stitchery! I'm envious of your small stash. Yesterday I bought some more fabric just because I loved it AND it was on sale - but I have no idea what I will be using it for :(

Kate said...

The stitchery looks great. You've really been moving along.

Not a bad report for not having access to your sewing room. Hope you get it back soon.

WoolenSails said...

Another wonderful block. I need to do something, been goofing off all day, still waiting to get better, lol.

Debbie

Jilly said...

That is so cute. It seems you used a transfer for it? I am wondering where you got it from. Love your one for next month.

Celtic Thistle said...

I love all your vintage sewing machines, looking forward to seeing them all together sometime.

Denise :) said...

Good gravy! I did not need to see this report in my newly confessed fabric-a-holic state! ;)

quiltzyx said...

What a cute machine! I am looking forward to seeing those all together eventually...one day....