8/8/12

Two Things


First of all, I want to let you know that the members of the Doll Quilters Monthly are still hard at work creating doll quilts for swap.  This latest one created by member Anita is just adorable, and I wanted to share it with you.  The theme for August is "Sunny and Warm" and this is what Anita made for her partner.


Is that cute, or what?  Great job, Anita.  By the way, if you would like to see more of Anita's work, she blogs at Margret Mary's Place.

Of course, I think all the quilts made for the swap have been delightful.  If you haven't seen the Doll Quilter's Monthly blog, check it out right here.  If you like what you see, follow us.  And I hope you'll consider joining in.  We are still seeking new members for our group, and it is a lot of fun.  You can read the guidelines to help you decide if our swap is right for you.

Second, I wanted to tell you about a recipe I tried last night.  It's great for using up that fresh tomato harvest, and it couldn't be easier.  It's a Tomato Frittata and it has just six ingredients!  What could be simpler than that?


The picture caught my attention when I saw it in Bon Appetit, and I'll admit that I worried about flavor when I started to make it last night.  With only salt and pepper and a little bit of Parmesan cheese as seasoning, I worried that it would be bland.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  It was delicious, and it makes a great vegetarian main course (although not vegan).  It would also be great for breakfast.  I know because we had the leftovers this morning!  I served it up for dinner and breakfast with my version of cottage fried potatoes.

So, although I didn't do a tutorial for this, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to let you know what a great and simple dish this is.  Maybe you already have what you need to make it tonight.  By the way, if you don't have an oven-proof skillet, you can wrap the parts that aren't oven-proof (like the handle) in tin foil, and it will be just fine going into the hot oven.  I've done this many times, even in a very hot oven, and had no problems at all.  You can find the recipe right here.  This is so simple and delicious that I'm going to file it away for RV cooking.  It meets all my RV cooking requirements, to-wit:  no exotic ingredients, six ingredients or less, no muss, and no fuss.

3 comments:

Janet said...

That is the cutest little quilt! And I pinned the recipe as I would like to try it. Not that I have an abundance of garden tomatoes....

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Tomatoes are in oversupply here too so this looks like winner for the week !~! Thanks, Barb.

KatieQ said...

The frittata looks amazing. Unfortunately, no one in my family will eat eggs but me. I love them in any form. I'll have to wait until I'm home by myself to try it.