6/2/12

Absolutely Positively Seriously, and I'm Not Even Kidding

 . . . this is my last blog post before I leave on my trip.

When the mail came yesterday there was so much fun stuff that I was bursting to tell you.  You wouldn't want me going off on an airplane at risk of bursting would you?

Two more blocks for the We Bee Learning block bee came.  This one is from Trina:


Cute fabrics.  Thank you, Trina!  And this one is from Jackie:


I asked for the blocks to have some sort of theme, even if the theme was "scrappy".  Jackie's theme is "a Florida sunset".  Love that.  Thank you, Jackie!

Then, it was so exciting to receive this!  A little bit ago, I blogged that one of my images had been selected to be included in the 2013 calendar for the Downtown Portland Neighborhood Association.  (You can see the original post right here.)  Well, the calendar is out, and I have a copy!  So totally cool!  I just happen to be Miss March in 2013.


The other images for the calendar are all so pretty, I find myself in very good company.  And since this is one of my first images after becoming a serious hobbyist (is that an oxymoron?), it's especially fun to see it in print.

So that's really it.  The next post you see from me will be from somewhere else.  And I really cannot procrastinate on packing any more.

Bye, bye George and Gracie.  Eat your veggies and no scratching.


Bye, bye sewing machine.


Bye, bye sewing room.  (Someone really should tidy you up a bit.)


Bye, bye doll quilters.  Bye, bye blogging buddies.  Love ya' long time.

15 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

LOL - waving furiously from the end of my dirt road! Wishing you safe travels with lots of adventure!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We will take good care of Gracie and George - I would tidy up if closer - and I will wave from the end of Quilt Lane as you fly overhead. Pleasant journey!

Kate said...

Congrats on the calendar, very cool!

Safe travels. Hope to hear from you once you get to Ireland.

Diane Wild said...

Bye-Bye

Teresa in Music City said...

Bye Bye Miss March!!! Have enough fun for all of us!!!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Have a wonderful trip!

make.share.give said...

Bon voyage- please pronounce it as Bugs Bunny did- Bon Voy-aa-gee. Have a wonderful trip!

Denise :) said...

Oh Barbara, have a most wonderful time!!!! I *know* you will!!! :)

sew.darn.quilt said...

Have a fabulous time :)
Happy journey

Dana Gaffney said...

Bye bye Barbara, have a wonderful time and hurry back, I already miss you.

sandyb said...

Bye, bye - miss you - see you soon- Charlie says have a good time!!!!!

I was at a bunny show yesterday, so missed your post - have a wonderful time and many pictures please!!!!

Til then,

Junebug613 said...

I hope you have a fabulous trip!! Can't wait to see the pictures. Congratulations on your calendar photo.

KatieQ said...

Congratulations! It's great to be a calender girl and get to keep your clothes on. Miss March has such a lovely ring to it.

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing you a fabulous trip - with packing completed! LOL

Kate Brown said...

Have a safe and wonderfully awesome trip!