3/10/12

Foto Finish: Words

Today's optional theme is "Words".  Here's my entry:


Mike and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a wonderful trip to Europe many years ago.  We started our trip in Amsterdam, and we were quite taken with some of the interesting window displays.  There were plenty of these "head" shops displaying items one would get arrested for in the USA.  And while we didn't take any pictures of some of these other things, there were lots of shops selling items of, um, "personal gratification".  We found ourselves staring quizzically at some of these items, and asking one another "What do you suppose you do with that?"  It's obviously a more liberal culture than we are used to.  It's good to break out of one's comfort zone once in a while and learn how the rest of the world lives.

And I suppose talking about this leads me to next week's optional theme:  Something you don't see every day.

Now I'm ready to see what "Words" you've come up with for today's optional theme.  Here's Mr. Linky:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

Maree said...

There are a lot of these shops in Amsterdam - a truly beautiful place to visit.

Bianca said...

Yes, Amsterdam is great, but it is in no means a model of how every dutch town or village is. On the contrary I would say. It's only an hours drive from where I live, but I only been there for 2 or 3 times. I find it a perverse place to be and sometimes I feel ashamed when I'm abroad and tell I'm from Holland and the other person immediately says "Oh! Amsterdam!!" as if it's the most important thing here.... NOT!
Whenever you come to the Netherlands again, let me know, and I will show you much prettier sites to see!
Bianca

Pat said...

I don't travel much so it's always interesting to see other places and customs. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie McGuinness said...

It's always interesting to different places!

Wendy said...

Hmmm...interesting photo. I too would love to do some traveling. The photo I'm sharing this week does not have words...but it's kind of the point. I love the ocean. It's breathtaking and leaves me at a loss for words.

P.S. Oops, my first link #4 does not link to the right page on my blog. If you can remove it Barbara, that'd be great!