3/31/12

Foto Finish: Flowers

This week's Foto Finish optional theme is "Flowers".  Here's my entry:


When I chose "flowers" as the optional theme, I was hoping I'd have pictures of my newly opened daffodils.  No dice.  We are still enjoying our Oregon sunshine here . . . which means it is still raining sideways.  I'm afraid we're in for another cold wet spring.  Maybe it's too early to lose hope.  In any case, I pulled an image from last year's tulip festival, since I don't have my own tulips to show you yet.  (Sniff.)  I sort of liked this red tulip blooming its guts out in a field of white tulips.  It has good advice for everyone:  Don't be afraid to be yourself and to show your true colors, no matter what.

For next week's theme, and since the rain isn't showing any indication of letting up for a while, I'm going with "Animals".  I have those rain or shine.

Now I'm ready to see your Flowers.  And yes, I will be envious.  If you have trouble linking up, please feel free to send me your image via email.  It works best if you send it to me as a jpg attachment rather than including it in the body of your email.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

8 comments:

Maree said...

I like the light on the red tulip. It looks great against the white background flowers. We are having a few lovely early autumn days at the moment but I think it is meant to deteriorate by next weekend. Wouldn't you know it when we have a long weekend for easter and it is the beginning of two weeks school holidays.

Anonymous said...

Yay! The upload actually worked for me today. lol! This is the beautiful "Peace" rose. I just love this one.

Dana Gaffney said...

I love tulips and daffodils, I hope you'll post as they appear. None of those beautiful spring bulbs will grow here.

Kate said...

Beautiful photo. The composition is nicely done. Love the bright spot of red with all the white.

CathyC said...

such pretty tulips ;-)

Elaine @ Commotion said...

What a beautiful vibrant red up against the white/light ones in the background. Just lovely!!

Celtic Thistle said...

No flowers like your tulips in bloom here yet, but Spring is surely just around the corner!

Jackie McGuinness said...

This red tulip is a true standout!!