2/15/12

Sew and Sew Day


Just so you know. . . I wasn't kidding about our Valentine's Day dinner.  I spent two days on it.  Cooking is a lot of fun for me, although I know that not everyone enjoys it.  It's fun to do a fancy dinner like this once in a while, but I wouldn't want to cook like that all the time.  This was delicious.  Shrimp and scallops can be tricky sometimes.  It's easy to over cook them and then they turn rubbery.  But in one's quest to keep them from being rubbery, they can be undercooked as well.  These were like the baby bear likes them:  just right.

Today I'm rewarding myself for my two days of cooking and for my two days of not sewing because I was cooking.  Today I'm sewing and sewing and sewing.  I want to get the binding on the Checkerboard Flowers quilt, and since this one is being entered in a show, it needs a hanging sleeve too.  That won't take all day, however.  The rest of the time I'm going to spend quilting my Free Motion Quilting Challenge for February, and then I want to get to work on quilting those doll quilts.

All day sewing days are the best days.  I wonder how much I can get done.

3 comments:

Diane Wild said...

I got a reprieve from cooking yesterday. Woot-Woot. Happy sewing. Doesn't it feel good?

Sarah said...

Your dinner looks wonderful - Happy sewing because you deserve it! I should plan ahead to cook a big meal this (long) weekend. As much as I looovvveee cooking, everything has been kinda last minute lately.

Becky said...

My mouth is watering.Looks good.