2/20/12

Design Wall Monday--February 20, 2012

This week I finished two quilts!  The is the Checkerboard Flowers BOM.  This quilt is going to be entered in the My Quilted Garden exhibit at the 2012 International Quilt Festival of Ireland.  I've never entered a show before, and so I'm pretty excited about this.  And since I'm attending the show, it will be all the more exciting to see my very own quilt on display.

This quilt still needs a hanging sleeve and I'll need to embroider my name and info on the back.  After that, it'll be ready to ship off to Ireland! 

Also, I finished the quilting on the Pretty Little Ponies doll quilt for Miss Kylee.  This quilt still needs a binding.  I hope to have that finished in the next couple of days.



This week I'm going to make the next set of blocks for the Just Takes 2 quilt along, and I hope to get started on quilting the Castles in the Air doll quilt for Camlyn.  Also, I'd like to start on my next doll quilt . . . this one for a little girl named Irish. 

Also, I am starting a new monthly swap. 


This is only just now getting off the ground, and we are looking for new members.  If you're interested, take a look at the blog at the Doll Quilters Monthly.  It would be wonderful if you'd join us.

For more Design Wall Inspiration, visit
Patchwork Times


17 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You've been busy! Traveling to Ireland for the show will be wonderful. I hope you get to see all sorts of beautiful things, both in the show and around the country.

Sue Daurio said...

Oh I'm going to miss that pony quilt, it's one of my favorites of yours. I love the horseshoes in the corner stones. So cute. And goodness your Checkerboard Flowers is just gorgeous!! Love it

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Checkerboard Flowers is simply gorgeous. I'm so glad you decided to enter it in the 2012 International Quilt Festival of Ireland.
Love the quilting you did on Pretty Little Ponies. The horseshoes in the sashing corners is perfect!

Teresa in Music City said...

Ah yes! There's my eye-candy fix for the day!! Checkerboard Flowers is just beautiful!!! Can't wait to see how it does in the Show!

Pattilou said...

Two beautiful quilts in such different ways. Your Checkerboard Flowers is a lovely entry into a quilt show. Enjoy seeing your work displayed like that!

Teresa F. said...

Your Checkerboard quilt is amazing. I hope you'll win an a ribbon. you surely deserve it.

evelyn said...

Your checkerboard-flowers is awesome. Looks like a winner to me. I hope you enjoy your trip, the quilts and the beautiful country.

Vicki W said...

I love the checkerboard flowers. I really like the effect of the colors from the flowers being carried into the checkerboard border and sashing.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a beautiful quilt that is, and how lucky you are to be going to Ireland for the big quilt show. You're sure to win a ribbon.

Love all your other projects, too!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Oh, your quilted garden is FABulous!! It will stun the attendees of the quilt show. Very, very nice!

Pieces of Time said...

Your flower quilt is beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just tickled pink for you! Got to have a photo of you in front of your quilt when you go to the show - just a must!! And good-bye pretty little ponies, loved visiting you.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

How exciting that you are getting to travel to Ireland and visit your quilt there! It's just gorgeous! What fun you'll have! I'm thinking your pony quilt will dearly loved!

Susan said...

I love that flower quilt. It seems like a unique setting, because I don't remember seeing anything quite like that.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Your checkerboard flowers quilt is beautiful...good luck with the show and how fun that you'll be there!!!
~Terry~

Dar said...

What a beautiful Checkerboard Garden. Lucky you to get to see it hanging in Ireland. I know it will take prize. It is truly a winner.

quiltzyx said...

It's so exciting that a quilt I've been watching being made is going to be hanging in an International quilt show in another country!!!!