1/15/12

Falling Snow

This morning I hand-sewed the binding to my just-finished doll quilt, and then headed outdoors for the first real snowfall of the season.  We've had a few dustings, but this is the first accumulation we've had this winter.

George went with me.


We wandered around looking at the trees.  It's surprising how much variation there is among evergreens.



I tried to get a shot of George in the snow, but the best I could do was this image of him making tracks for the door.


It didn't take long before I'd had enough too.  And we both headed inside, where he yipped and yapped at me, wondering what I could have been thinking taking him out into that.

I should know better.  Cats do not like snow.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, These are beautiful photos...you really captured the beauty. I love them! Hugs

Sheila said...

Really great photos of the snow , love the evergreens and the cat prints !

Gwen said...

So, so beautiful!!! I LOVE snow, probably because it is something that I rarely ever get to see as I live in the deep south.. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous photos! :-)

Denise :) said...

Oh you're so lucky -- this is just beautiful!! Love the cat paw prints -- too funny! :)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

The snow is gorgeous, and I love George's little footprints in it. Too sweet. :o)

Wendy said...

My son said they had snow in Portland today. Large flakes but not really sticking. I love how you showed the different evergreens. So pretty!

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty pictures. but too cold for me :-)

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Beautiful! Snow! sigh. Please send some to NC. :o(

Dana Gaffney said...

So beautiful, the elusive George footprints made me smile. Now I really want some hot chocolate.