12/29/11

Just Takes 2


 
Here's a block of the month I stumbled on last night while lying in bed.  It looks like fun to me!  You can join in and make a quilt from two colors--any two colors you like.  This sew along was inspired by the “Infinite Variety: Three Hundred Years of Red and White Quilts” exhibit held in 2011 in New York.  The pictures of all those quilts were so beautiful that I've been wanting to make a red and white quilt ever since.  I have some beautiful red and white fabric in my stash too! 
 
It's tempting to want to do a blue and white quilt since I'm overloaded with blue scraps.  I just finished up one of those recently, however (thus the overload of blue scraps), and so I think I'll go with the red that caught my eye originally.  Check it out by clicking on the image above. 

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I saw this too. I am committed to so much now, but added this button to my sidebar - someone else may enjoy this one.

Denise :) said...

I love the red and white -- that's such a great color combo! It would be pretty in blue and white, too! Oh the possibilities... :)

Needled Mom said...

I'm going with aqua and brown. It should be fun.

Kate said...

You can't go wrong with either blue/white or red/white. Looks like fun, but I don't think I can't tack on anymore projects at the moment. I'll have to be gratified following your progress.

Sandi P said...

Ooo, I was so tempted to jump on this one too, but I really have enough going on right now. Between the UFO, the NewFO and a small quilt challenge that I haven't officially committed to, but ordered the pattern for today I'd better not. I will be watching to see what lovely 2 color creations the rest of you come up with though.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

This sounds like a really fun "ride"...but, the number of pieces that they listed at the end, wheeeel...that just scared the livin' heeebie-jeeebies oudda me! =P

I'm thinkin' it would be more fun for me to watch you ride that "mystery pony" =) I'll bet UR quilt will come out looking just AWEsome!!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

heartsease54 said...

First of all-Thank you Barb! My fat quarter arrived today & you couldn't have picked anything better, you must be psychic! I am signed up for this, even though I don't blog, I have been stashing red & white fabrics for 2 years now & this seems like a great occasion to put them to use.