11/5/11

Foto Finish: Photographer's Choice

Today's Foto Finish theme is:  Photographer's Choice. 

Here's my entry:


Mike and I visited Europe many years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary.  I had never been to Europe, although Mike had been there on business several times.  I was so excited about going that I devised a three-week trip that took us through 14 countries!  Some of them were just driving in and out, but we still saw sooooooo much.

While we were driving south through the Czech Republic, we saw these chickens, who were probably (sadly) going for their last ride.  They were so stinking funny!  When the car was moving, they all ducked their heads down below the net.  Whenever the car stopped, all their heads would pop up again.  They would look all around, as if their heads were on sticks, with some puppeteer below turning them around and around.  I've never seen anything like it before or since.  We still laugh about it.  Europe is the most wonderful place.  It's like being in Disneyland everywhere you go.

For next week's theme, I'm choosing:  Pets

Even if you don't have a pet, you probably know someone who does.

Now I'm ready for what you chose.  Here's Mr. Linky:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments:

Maree said...

What a cute story - I can imagine the laughter following such a sight.

Kate said...

What a great picture! I can almost hear the clucking as the heads come up and they check out things. That must have been quite the site!

Denise :) said...

That is a fun story and a fun picture, too! Sounds like this was just one memory out of a memory-filled trip! :)

Unknown said...

Great Picture Barbara, what a fun story!

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I love the photo and your story. The best photos have good stories attached.

quiltzyx said...

What a great memory of your trip! It almost sounds like a video game - heads popping up & down. LOL