11/7/11

Design Wall Monday--November 7, 2011

This week I started on my November UFO Challenge.  I completed the last flower block for the Checkerboard Flowers quilt.


Also, I completed a swap block for my partner, who requested a bright star with a cream to white background.


Those were the two "assignments" I had given myself for the week, which left me with plenty of time to work on whatever I wanted.  I chose to finish up with the embellishing for my Winter Wonderland quilt.  This one will be revealed in its entirety at the Christmas Quilt Show, hosted by SewCalGal, at the end of the month.  For now, I'll give you this teaser:


And with that finished, I treated myself to the start of a new project.  Since I haven't started anything new for quilt awhile, this was a lot of fun.  I'm making a pattern I found for free online called Claire de Lune.  Here's what it looks like:


And these are the fabrics I'm using:


These fabrics are all from my stash.  A few have been used in other quilts, and others are being used for the first time.  I was able to get the butterflies all sewn together.  These were a little tricky getting all the little pieces facing in the right direction.  I had to rip out a few, and I even had to recut some of the pieces when I cut them in the wrong direction.  The rest of the quilt should be easy compared to what I've done so far.



This quilt is for my partner in a Quilts for Quilters swap I'm involved with.  Our swap involves making lap-sized quilts--between 45 x 60 and 60 x 60 inches.  The quilt in this pattern isn't quite that large, and so I'll add another border to get it to the right size.  Then my plan is to free motion quilt it, but I'm not sure how I'll do that yet.  I'll think about that later because as of today, I'm putting it aside again to push ahead with the last and largest section of the Checkerboard Flowers quilt.

To see what others are working on, visit:

Patchwork Times


6 comments:

Lynette said...

Hey!! I have that butterfly fabric in my stash! lol :D

Kate said...

Wow, you are moving right along with your projects. Love the fabrics you are using i Claire de Lune. Hope you are having fun with your new proejct.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love what I can see of your Winter Wonderland quilt! Looking forward to the big reveal at the end of the month. Great block you made for your swap partner. And the Checkerboard Flowers block is so cute. Your butterfly quilt is going to be beautiful!!

Denise :) said...

Yowza! You've got a *lot* going on!! Should be a busy and fun week!! Happy Monday, Barbara! :)

AnnieO said...

Love seeing the Checkerboard Flowers again--the pinked edges are so cute. Lots more good quilty fun you're showing here. The butterflies are sure pretty.

quiltzyx said...

Those rounded butterflies are really nice. You've truly been stitching right along!