10/8/11

There and Back Again BOM at Fandom in Stitches


This morning I learned about a new BOM that is taking off on Fandom in Stitches.  It started on Wednesday, and a new block will post on the first Wednesday of each month.  This BOM is based on "The Hobbit".  I read this delightful book when I was in high school (during the 14th Century), and enjoyed it so much that I embarked on The Lord of the Rings shortly thereafter.  I doubt anyone but Tolkien could have convinced me to read such a lengthy book at that point in my life.  (At the time, I was much more interested in a certain boy.)

There will be a monthly giveaway associated with this BOM for those who post their images on the Fandom in Stitches Flickr group.  Winners will be chosen at random.

I'm definitely joining in.  Anybody else game?

8 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Looks like fun but I will probably save the patterns for later. My SIL would love a quilt based on the Hobbit.

Denise :) said...

I'm *so* glad you shared this -- we are a family of LOTR lovers -- this will end up as a gift that stays in the family, so to speak!! Yay!! :)

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Fourteenth century, I remember that picnic where we ate the turkey legs and jousted. You have always been such fun !~!

Lee said...

i am going over to check it out! i love the Hobbit - how fun! thanks for the heads up about it.

Lynette said...

Whoa! I can't right-click your links. I like to open-in-another-tab so I don't lose my place and can jump back and forth (like to look at the Hobbit BOM but not lose your page). Being a HUGE Hobbit/LOTR fan, I have to go look! :D

Dana Gaffney said...

Thanks for this Barbara, I'm a huge fan of Tolkien.

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

Awesome, thank you so much for spreading the word!

Judith said...

Thank you for sharing this info., otherwise, I would not have found out about this fun opportunity. Am looking forward to seeing all the blocks on Flickr.