10/6/11

Christmas Craft Swap

In yesterday's mail, I received the sweetest swap gifts from my Christmas swap partner, Paula, of Paula's Crafty Boutique.  Paula went all out on her crafts, and the things she sent are so sweet.

First, there was a mug rug.  I just love the fabrics she used in this.  Aren't the heart-shaped paw prints cute?


Here's the back.  Isn't it just the cat's meow?



Then there was this thread catcher with paper-pieced Christmas figures all around.


And finally, these little gifts:  stick pins, paw print ribbon and a little cat figure.  So sweet.


I think Paula figured out that I like cats!  Thank you, Paula, for being such a generous and talented swap partner.

Then, today I posted these images in the gallery for my Quilt University class (which reminds me that I need to check for feedback).  I'm off to a good start on my first hand-quilting adventure.  Here's the front:


And here's the back:


My stitches aren't tiny, by any means.  But they're pretty even.  I'm happy about that.  It won't win any prizes, but it's not too bad. 

That's all the sewing I had time for today.  Tomorrow is busy too, but I'm still hoping to get a little bit done. 

5 comments:

Catskill Quilter said...

Barbara, tried to leave a comment for your swap partner, about how very cute I thought her mug rug was, but could not comment as myself (catskillquilter) or as anonymous with my email addie. Will you let her know that she is fabulous? Many thanks!

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful goodies from your swap partner and purrfect for you;) You stitching looks wonderful, I just stitch and whatever size they are, they are, lol.

Debbie

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

What a lovely pile of booty from Paula; she knows what Barbara likes !~!~ Very sweet and thoughtful.

Yes, Debbie, stitch size is what it turns out to be. Homemade, handmade and loved by the folks who receive them.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Such fun goodies! Love the back of that mug rug.

quiltzyx said...

What a great swap partner - those are some nice goodies!

Your hand quilting looks really great - and you've gotten quite a bit done already too!