10/21/11

4 Patches 4 Hope


Regina of 4 Patches 4 Hope is requesting donations of four patches made with 2 1/2-inch squares.  Her goal is to collect 1,000 patches by February, 2012.  Received four-patches will be used to assemble "comfort quilts" and the quilts will be donated to people undergoing cancer treatment.  Regina is also trying to raise $4,000 for the American Cancer Society.  A monetary donation is requested, but not required.  If you like, you can simply donate the four-patch block.  There is a giveaway associated with this campaign, and you'll be entered once for each block you donate. 

Regina has included everything you need to know on the link I've given you.  I especially like that she has included a key to colors associated with awareness campaigns for different forms of the disease.  My own dear mother died from lymphoma, which is associated with the color light green.  And my dear mother-in-law died from breast cancer, which is associated with pink (I'll bet that surprises you).  I'm planning to donate a block in each of their memories.

3 comments:

Regina said...

Barbara-
Thank you so much for your post -and your support. (and I love the pics of your kitties - I could look at Gracie's sweet face all day!)
-Regina

WoolenSails said...

I just saw something like that on, sewing with nancy, had a four patch name, but a guy was on the show. I thought it was a nice idea and a way to make quilts easier, I still am not great at finishing big ones.

Debbie

sao said...

Thanks for sharing - I love the idea of sending four-patches to be made into comfort quilts.

Love your blog - and your precious cats *I love cats too!

sao in Midlothian, VA