8/11/11

International Quilt Festival in Ireland



I'm excited to say that I'm going to be attending the International Quilt Festival in Ireland in June of 2012.  Greenbaum's Quilted Forest, one of my favorite local quilt shops, is organizing a trip through a tour group called Sew Many Places.  The image above is a kit that the members of our group will receive just for tagging along.  Pretty, huh?

I've known about this trip for some time, and I've really wanted to go.  Then, my dental expenses kind of got in the way of that little dream, and so I put it aside.  Still, it seemed every time I opened an email or a website, there was something about this trip.  It became too hard to resist.  Mike and I talked it over and decided we could swing it, dental work or no.  So I'm going!!   

If you're interested, here is a link to our itinerary.  I'm happy that our flight will leave out of Seattle.  It'll be hard to wait until next June now. 

7 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Exciting ... good for you, can’t wait to see the photos from this upcoming trip.

Irina said...

Oh! You'll be passing my home!!! I live in the Burren!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How much fun will that be!!! I'm already looking forward to all of the beautiful photos you will be sharing with us!

Lynette said...

I'm so jealous!!! I want to go sooooo badly, but with helping two in college at the same time, there is just no way at all I can spend the money right now. I'm hoping, hoping, HOPING they'll do another one in Ireland in two years!!

Have a BLAST!!!

Snoodles said...

Oh, you lucky ducky! Know you will enjoy your trip....I'd love to travel to Scotland (just down the road a piece, right?!) to see where my ancestors lived.

quiltzyx said...

Congratulations Barb!!! How exciting for you - and for us, because I know you'll be posting some incredible pictures from Ireland. WOooOOooHOOOooOO!!

Dana Gaffney said...

Wow, that's so great. I know you'll have a great time. With the way time has been flying, June will be here in no time. I hope you have plenty of time to be a tourist. I need to look at your itinerary.