8/15/11

2011 Pets on Quilts Show






The annual 2011 Pets on Quilts Show starts today!  There are lots of great prizes to be awarded.  Here's my entry:


I call this quilt, "If you Snooze, you Lose."  It is a wall hanging, and it hangs in my stairwell along with all the other cat quilts I've made.  (I'm on a quest to line the walls of the two stairwells in my home with cat quilts.)  This quilt came from a very nice little kit I found at a wonderful online quilt shop called Feline Drive.  I made it while my husband and I were traveling in our RV last winter.  The mice have little black beads for eyes.

To see more Pets on Quilts, click here, and enjoy!

42 comments from clever and witty friends:

QuiltSue said...

I love it, especially the mice hanging down from the tree.

Thearica said...

Cute quilt!

Dana Gaffney said...

That's adorable Barbara, I really like the mice hanging there. How many more quilts do you need to line the wall?

Connie said...

What a cute wall hanging! Love the little mice hanging from the branch!

SewCalGal said...

Barbara, this quilt is so cute. I love your idea of lining your walls with Cat quilts too. Would make for a wonderful exhibit in a quilt show too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Staci said...

How cute is this? Thanks for the chuckle!

Becky~ said...

ha thats adorable.

Threeundertwo said...

Ha Ha Ha I love that! Really cute.

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun piece, will have to check that site out.
I do have a dog one, I never finished, maybe now is the time.

Debbie

Sunnybec said...

Love your quilt! Especially the mice. Linda x

Nanbon44 said...

I just love this wall hanging... so cute..reminds me of the patter of cats in the shape of Veggies I keep wanting to get those

Stray Stitches said...

Your wall hanging is adorable! I especially like her little paw pads on her back foot :)

Library Gal Quilts said...

Adorable little grey kitty quilt! Those mice crack me up!

wackywoman said...

Very cute!

LynCC said...

Cuteness!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How appropriate - Feline Drive , a cat mini quilt done while on a drive!

andsewon said...

That is one cute kitty quilt!

Lesly said...

That cat looks like he's already eaten quite a few mice and is sleeping off his big meal! So cute!

quiltzyx said...

He's so cute! I agree with Lesly - he must be too full for any more bites of mice....

paulette said...

SEW SWEET!!
P

Becky said...

Wonderful wall hanging! Good luck lining your stairway with cat quilts!

Joanna said...

Barbara, I love your quilt and thanks for the link to the site. Your cat pictures also look sweet.

hetty said...

Great quilt! I love it!

Janet said...

This is the cutest quilt I've seen for a long time!

Jen said...

What a fabulous quilt! I would love to see your other kitty in the stairwell quilts. Thanks for sharing!

Tonya said...

That is a cute quilt!

Kim said...

This quilt is so cute!

Gladys said...

That is a beatiful quilt! I like this!

HOPE said...

Sooo glad I found you by way of Meditation and Memories Friday thingy!!!

I love your blog...your cats..your quilts..and talent!!

I have a Schnauzer but have always loved cats and always had one...til the last few years.

This quilt is so charming! with the little mice just hanging around while the kitty sleeps!

I have some Quilting on my craft blog..and currently working on my first bed runner. Finishing up today!

I'll be back...
HOPE

Sand and Sunshine said...

I love the way you have your cats on the sidebar. They look very nice there.

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh Barbara, your quilt is fantastic! I'd love to see a photo of your stairwell lined with cat quilts!

Kelli said...

What a cute quilt! And LOVE the mice hanging from the tree branch. Too sweet!

Snoodles said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by the Lilypad to see Moses! I always love to see George on your blog....that is the cutest quilt I think you have shown us - love those mice!

Belinda said...

Oh I love this! Great job and wonderful colors!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh Barbara, this quilt is too adorable!!

missknitta said...

What a wonderful job you've done on this quilt! It's adorable!

Laura said...

I'd love to see your other cat quilts!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Super sweet, you did a great job!

Pat V. said...

Great job on a cute quilt. I, too, love Feline Drive...

Marcia Wachuta - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love your cat and mice quilt! Perfect name for the quilt!

Melissa said...

Adorable quilt perfectly named!!

LethargicLass said...

this one is so adorble, I just want to rub his big belly :)