7/12/11

Two Maple Stars


Two more stars for my "Winter Wonderland" UFO Challenge quilt are complete.  These are the remaining two "Maple Stars."  The first is the 9-inch block:


The second is the 12-inch block:


The 6-inch block was completed last month. 

There are still eight stars to make to complete all the stars for the quilt.  Four are the "Martha Washington Star" and the other four are simple pinwheels.  The July stitchery is about half-way complete.  It would be good to finish it up early so that I can get a head start on next month's stitchery--the largest stitchery in the quilt.  Since, I'm a month ahead on the stitcheries, that would give me two months to work on the largest one (in addition to any time left in July).

Now it's time to work on some more blocks for the "Peaches and Dreams" quilt.  And then, I think something new is in my future.  With my two finishes last week, I'm feeling as if I can take on a new project.

7 comments:

Michele T said...

I love these blocks - especially the darker blue. One day I will take the plunge and give it a try!! Maybe the blocks look harder to make than they really are!

quiltzyx said...

Such nice points on your star blocks! Of course they are my favorite color... :D

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful stars!! I first read your title as Maple Bars and now I want one - LOL :D

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Good for you for getting all your projects done! The stars look great.

Lynette said...

These are going to be so pretty all together. :D

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. This whole quilt will be beautiful for Christmas. You gave us the shop address where you ordered it from a while ago; I visited this little shop and this pattern is definitely on my wish list.
Thank you for sharing the shop and your beautifully finished squares. Judith

Kate said...

I love the blocks for this project. There was a local quilt show last weekend and I saw a Winter Wonderland quilt done in red. I much prefer your blue color scheme.