6/1/11

Toothless Today



If there's a prize for having the worst day possible, I would be in serious contention.  In a few hours, I'll be sitting in the dentist's chair having my tooth pulled.  It's been an offender for a couple of years.  There have been several efforts to save it, but it seems the root is fractured.  There is a chronic infection, and now it's literally on its last legs.  So sorry, Mr. Tooth.  You're living on death row. 

I'm seeing a dentist who was recommended by my regular dentist.  I trust the judgment of my regular dentist, but I can't say I'm thrilled with this guy I'm seeing today.  He's nice enough . . . he just has some off-putting personal habits.  Not to mention the fact that he doesn't have any nitrous oxide in his office.  If I thought the tooth could wait, I'd go see someone else.  But I don't.  So it's no N2O for me.  I imagine I'll survive, but if this is my last blog post, you'll know why.

I did all my housework and grocery shopping yesterday.  The plan is to do nothing but sew today.  I'm hoping the novocaine will keep me comfortable enough for that.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Ouch! I hate having my teath worked on I even have N2o for cleanings! Since moving here I have found a wonderful dentist/tooth extractor! He has done lots of work on my teeth, and takes almost all kinds of insurance. He is an ex military dentist and was actually on subs with my husband and if you didn't know the men on subs get special treatment. Anyway He works at Gentech Dental in Hillsboro which is near first tech credit union his name is Dr Justin Elson, DMD you might want to keep him in mind if you have another problem......I am the biggest coward when it comes to the dentist and I am never nervous when I have to see him. He also keeps emergency appts. times open every day.
mrsunclefuzzy(at)gmail(dot)com

quiltzyx said...

Yuck. At least this should take care of it. Be careful sewing afterwards - I always get sleepy when the novocaine wears off!

Hope you're feeling A+ soon...

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I hope all goes well!!!!