5/9/11

Design Wall Monday--May 9, 2011

Mainly I worked on quilting and binding this week.  I finished my "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" quilt.  I've been working on this one for at least a full year.

Here are the two matching pillowcases.  I'm going to make another one of these paper-pieced tulips and use it for the label on the quilt.


The I got about half finished with the free motion quilting on my baby quilt.  Here's the quilt:

And here's the quilting.  This is the front:


And this is the back:



I'm not good at free motion quilting, but I'm doing okay.  I'm pretty happy with the way this is turning out.  I haven't decided yet, but I think I'm going to use that same hot pink polka dot from the four patches for the binding.  Or I might decide to use a candy-stripe pink fabric cut on the bias.  Decisions, decisions.

So that's it for me this week.  To see more design walls go to:

Patchwork Times

7 comments from clever and witty friends:

Chris said...

Your FM quilting is coming along nicely. I adore your pillowcases.

Snoodles said...

Those pillowcases turned out just beautifully! Whoa....I wish I could free motion that well! Wonderful!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Quilty Conscience said...

The Tulips are just so beautiful! Good for you for sticking with it! Toni

Nina-Marie said...

Congrats on finishing!!! Wow - what an accomplishment on a big project - its quite lovely!

Kate said...

The baby quilt is very cute. The heart quilting fits so well.

Rabid Quilter said...

The pillowcases are EXTRA special!

Laura said...

You did a great job free-motion quilting.