3/30/11

Off to a Good Start

I started quilting my Ribbit, Ribbit quilt today.  I'd post a picture, but you won't really be able to see anything yet.  I stitched in the ditch of the pieced blocks.  It's quite possibly the worst stitching in the ditch you'll ever see (which is an accomplishment in itself, however dubious).  Still, it is the best I could do, and so I'm happy with it.  Perfectionism is highly overrated.

I decided to break it into small bites for the sake of my clenched teeth.  Tomorrow, I'm going to stitch in the ditch of the border seams.  Then after that, I'm going to make a stab at pebbling the frog blocks.  I have in mind designs for both the inner and outer borders as well, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.  I could give up when I get to the pebbling, after all.

Just thinking about it makes me tired.  Time for bed.

1 comment:

quiltzyx said...

I've heard that if you have an 'adult beverage' the quilting is less stressful....