2/7/11

Design Wall Monday--February 7, 2011

I was able to complete my "Happy Family" block for my Kitten's Tale BOM.  I had completed the stitchery last week, but now I've completed all the pinwheels and rail fences for the border of the block:

It's hard to see in this image, but it says "Happy" in the big brown square in the middle of the block; i.e., "Happy Family."  I have one more block to complete on this one, and then I'll be ready to sew the blocks together and put the finishing touches on it! 

And then I completed the three remaining "Star of Hope" blocks for my Winter Wonderland bluework quilt.  These are the nine-inch stars:



And this is the remaining six-inch star:


And here is the "Snow Angel" stitchery:


These bluework blocks are for my February UFO commitment.  I'll link to Judy's blog later on in the month to show off my February blocks. 

There are still 16 more stars to complete in five different patterns, and eight more stitcheries.  The ones remaining are mainly larger ones.  I've tackled the smaller ones first.

4 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

All of your stars are wonderful and your stitchery is beautiful. The quilt is going to look amazing.

LethargicLass said...

The snowman making the angel is adorable!

Kate said...

The Kitten's tale block is very cute. Beautiful selection of blues for your Star of Hope blocks. Cut snow man too!

Melinda said...

I did the small blocks first and have regretted it ever since. Next time, I am going to start with the larger ones and reward myself with the smaller ones. I haven't done any of the pieced blocks yet but have the fabric set aside for them. I guess it would be a good idea to start piecing them.