1/24/11

Design Wall Monday--January 24, 2011

I managed to get quite a bit done this week despite being in the trailer.  It's difficult sewing in the trailer because I manage to get everything spread out so that every flat surface is taken up by something.  I've learned to do one thing at a time.  Cut only.  Or sew only.  Or applique only.  That way I have only one thing out at a time and it's a lot less oppressive. 

I got done with my January UFO stars, and so I'm finished with my January UFO now.  (And I'm nearly finished with February's stitchery too!)  This is the 6-inch Star of Hope:


And this is the 12-inch Star of Hope:


The quilt has one more six-inch Star of Hope and two nine-inch ones.  I'll work on those next (unless I decide to do something else).

Then I finished the pinwheels and rail fences on my Kitten's Tale block:


I have two more of these BOM's with me.  I wasn't sure my iron was hot enough to do applique, but I worked on yet another applique project this week (see below), and it worked just fine. 

This new quilt I started is for some friends, Larry and Tracy.  I talked about them and the quilt in a different post (scroll down to the bottom of the link).  I got the frog blocks done this week:


As I said in my earlier post, this quilt is intended for a child.  But they call their place the "Dancing Frog Ranch," and so I think they'll like this even though they're grown-ups.  Here's what the picture from the quilt pattern looks like, but I'm not going to do the little fish faces on the orange blocks--just regular blocks.  That should help "grow it up" a little bit.  Larry and Tracy will like it either way.


Now I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you accomplished this week.  Til next week, take care.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, you've been busy. Great projects. May favorites are the blue star blocks!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

How fun are those frogs!

glen in Louisiana

AnnieO said...

Congrats on getting your Jan UFO done already. Your frogs are fun and the stars nice and crisp.

Tamera said...

Wow! You've been busy!

Chris said...

What great projects. They are all wonderful.

Vicki H. said...

Love your quilts and the stars are lovely. I think the frogs are so cute!

Angie in SoCal said...

Such a cute frog quilt!