1/17/11

Design Wall Monday--January 17, 2011

Just a couple of things on my "design wall," such as it is.  It's more like my "design floor."  In any case, I finished the stitcheries of two blocks this week:

This is stitchery #1 for my UFO Challenge.  I still need to make two star blocks to complete my January challenge for Judy's blog.  We haven't been anywhere permanently enough for me to bother setting up my sewing machine, but I think I'll get to those next week.  Then I finished the embroidery on my Kitten's Tale block of the month block:

This one also requires that I surround it with some pinwheels and rail fence blocks.  Here is what the completed block looks like:


I cropped this from a larger image, and so I can't make it any larger without making it blurry, but I think you get the idea.  I have another one of these blocks with me to work on, but again, it requires that I set myself up to do applique.  I have a travel iron with me, but I'm not sure it will get hot enough to do a decent job on the applique.  I'll probably test all of these ideas out next week when we're parked a little more permanently somewhere, possibly in Hemet.  We only make up our minds about where we'll be on a day-to-day basis.

Now I'm ready to see what the rest of you have posted for Design Wall Monday.  

6 comments:

Kate said...

Love the snow family and the cats. Great blocks!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love both of your blocks - especially the snow family!!

Melinda said...

You are making good progress on the Winter Wonderland blocks.

Vicki H. said...

The stitching is so pretty. Snow man patterns are some of my favorites, very nice.

LuAnn said...

I love your stitcheries. Cute snowmen!

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely blocks! You are so close to finishing your January UFO!