11/14/10

Design Wall Monday--November 15, 2010

My sewing machine was in the shop Monday and Tuesday, but I still managed to finish the final block for my Spring Sampler quilt, which was a butterfly.


And with the last block finished, it was time to finish the rest of the quilt top.  I'm calling this one "Flora-Bunda."


I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I haven't finished a quilt this size for quite some time.  I've been working on this one for about six months.

I was afraid the green inner border might be too dark, but I like the way it looks.  And I love the floral outer border.  I didn't buy any fabrics for this quilt.  The blocks are all made from scraps, and I already had the fabrics for the borders.  Here are the borders close-up so you can get a better look at them.


This quilt is approximately full-sized, and so I'm going to give it to my long arm quilter to quilt.

With that finished, I started on the next block for my "Home is Where the Heart Is" block of the month.  I'm falling way behind on this one, and since we're going to be traveling, I'll fall even farther behind.  Oh well.  No rush, I guess.  In case you're wondering, it's going to be a flower shop shaped like a beehive.  When it's all finished, it'll make more sense.  I still have several more appliques to put on it.



So that's it for me this week.  Now I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you have done.  Take care.

7 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful quilt!!

Nancy Huggins said...

What a beautiful quilt, makes you smile when you first see it. I'm new to blogging so admiring yours gives me ideas too. Put my url in your address bar at top of home page and see what I've done so far.
http://mrs-huggie-loves-to-quilt.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Love the spring quilt. It is so cheerful!

Peggy said...

I love these blocks...the quilt is beautiful! Looks like you have some cat help at your house, too!! My cat is always ready and willing to be right in the middle of what I am doing. My husband and I say we never do anything without supervision!!!LOL

Denise :) said...

This is such a sweet quilt -- I love it! :)

Teaquilts said...

Block patterns and fabrics are so pretty in your quilt. Feels like spring looking at your site but fall is definitely in full swing outside.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Nicely put together Barbara, the colors pop and the greenish border really sets off the floral print just perfectly.