7/13/10

New Participant

So I barely have this blog up and running.  I had in mind to do something fancier and with more gusto.  But I find I like the "idea" of blogging more than I like blogging.  Maybe after doing it a time or two, I might get more energetic about including my comings and goings.  For now, I just kind of want to participate in Design Wall Monday.

I have a bunch of projects going on.  I'm easily bored, and so I have several "work stations" where I can move from project to project with a minimum of fuss.  Here are my current projects:


This is a block of the month (first block) called A Kitten's Tale.


This is the first five of 13 blocks from the Spring Flower Sampler that was on the FabShopHop in April.


This is the first five of nine blocks in a quilt called Flip Flop, appropriately so.



This is the first block of a quilt called "Let Sleeping Cats Lie."  I've seen this quilt done in earth tones, but mine is going to have a colorful border.  The background polka dot is also multi-colored.  My cats will all be different bright colors.




This is a quilt I'm making for my walking buddy, Sue.  She lives in an urban area, but she really wants to have chickens.  I doubt she has the zoning, and in any event, her husband told her flatly, "No."  This is a table runner.  That's how she'll get her chickens.



This was the block of the month for my guild meeting.  We each make a block.  In exchange for your block, you get a raffle ticket.  The winner takes home all the blocks.  I really like this one.  I can see it in a table runner or a wall hanging.  Maybe three with a sashing and a nice border.  I'm going to miss my guild meeting tonight.  My guild members aren't particularly welcoming, and so I doubt I'll be missed.  I considered not joining, but there is a lot I like about my guild.  I just have to get comfortable with the idea that I'm not going to make any friends there.  At least not in the foreseeable future.



This is my second Block of the month.  It's called "Home is Where the Heart Is."  There is a block for each month of the year--this one is January--and each block has a heart somewhere.

I'm doing another BOM that I'm not showing here.  These are my first BOM's.  I started one, and then got crazy and started two more.  Oh yes, and I'm making a Downy Quilts for Kids which is in such a beginning stage that it isn't really able to be represented in a picture.  It has a tennis theme, and so I'm calling it Grand Slam.  I think I'll have more on it next Monday.

I think that's about it for me.  I hope you like my quilts.

7 comments:

Beth said...

your design wall is a happening place! I'm glad someone else has quilters ADD with me! I swear, I cannot concentrate for very long..hence I have TONS of UFOS going at once! Welcome to the blogworld!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I. too, love quilting and cats and have many projects going at once/easily distracted so I'm going to look forward to your blog posts on future Design Wall Mondays!

Barbara said...

Okay, obviously, I'm new at this. I just wanted to thank you both for your kind comments. No one has ever commented on my blog (Ribbon of Highway) who wasn't friend or family, and so this is sort of exciting. I feel like a REAL blogger now.

Carla said...

All your work is so pretty and there is lots! Thanks for sharing!

Vivian said...

I'm so glad to have discovered your blog. I too am working on Kittens Tales as a BOM (maybe through the same place?). I have only made the first month so far, I'm behind by two months already!

I love the cat in your blog header.

Barbara said...

Hi Vivian--Good to know someone else is working on it. Could be the same shop, but I've only received the first month so far. Since I'm working on three at the same time, I'm wondering when I'll fall behind too. For the BOM I haven't pictured yet, I got the first block, and then two weeks later got the second block. I haven't started that one yet. I'm hoping they'll hold off sending me another one until I'm finished with the one I have. I might have to move it to the front of the line. Thanks for commenting!

SJSM said...

I've been reading your blog for a few years now. I decided to see how you started so am backtracking to discover your evolution as a blogger. You keep me thinking of what I would like to see as I see you accomplish so much. I'm enjoying the trio down your memory lane.