7/15/10

Getting Into This

I've stayed up far too late finding little widgets, logos, and links for my blog.  Some of them I've found on my own, some I've found on other blogs.  In any event, this seems to be my MO--lurking around for a while and then diving in head first.  I can see myself spending a lot of time at this, which I really don't want to do.  The more time I spend on the computer, the less time I have for sewing . . . or sleeping, which is what I should be doing right now.

We're back from a week away from home in our RV.  It always takes me a long time to get back to normal when I've been away.  I seem to pack all of my appointments into the same week, and by Thursday, I'm pretty well worn out.  I still have to take the cat to the vet tomorrow, poor guy.  And then I'll be walking with my friend on Friday.  Fortunately, next week is pretty well free and clear.

Our summer didn't really start until last week, here in the Pacific NW.  It was so wet, pretty much everybody's vegetable gardens are a bust.  I have a large garden, and by now I would have been doing a lot of canning.  As it is, I had to replant my beans, and they aren't even climbing their poles yet.  I've been drooling over the pictures of beautiful vegies and canned goods.  (Don't you just love the look of freshly canned goods?  They look like rubies and emeralds to me.)  I do have some tomatoes--green, of course.  Tomorrow, I think I will start picking leaves off my lettuce.  Soon, I will plant the second round.  My zucchini are doing well.  (If I can't grow zucchini, I'm really in trouble.)  I like to make zucchini relish with those.  I have been wanting for years to make real crock pickles from my own pickling cukes; but for whatever reason, I can't seem to grow a cucumber to save my soul.  I planted six, and they all died.  So I planted six more, and of those, only two have survived.  So sad.  I love the Pacific NW, but these late summers kill me.

No comments: