2/9/21

Still Chilling

It was another quiet day here at the RV yesterday. When I finished yesterday's post, I was on my way to stitch the day's inchy. I like this one. It has Double Lazy Daisy stitches, a tiny Chain Stitch, French knots, and a cross-stitch right in the middle of the flower, although it's hard to see.


Later in the afternoon, I stitched enough of my redwork piece to move the hoop up and encompass the rest.


If there's time for stitching today, I'll work on this section.


We ran some errands yesterday, and Mike found a screaming deal on a laptop at Best Buy. So we picked that up. It'll keep him busy for the next several days getting software loaded and figuring it out. And we were treated to a pretty sunset yesterday evening.


Smitty enjoyed the sunset from his kitty perch.


This morning I stitched the newest inchy. I've been stitching a blanket stitch around all the edges. Yesterday I considered doing something different on some of them. I was getting kind of tired of blanket stitch. Then today's inchy was this one, where my broken thumb and I messed up the tracing. I decided to do a fly stitch around the edge, which better hid the messy tracing job.


It's a shared morning on the kitty perches. Smitty can tend to bully Sadie sometimes. She's the only person in the RV smaller than he is, and so it happens. Since he was a kitten, Smitty has been plagued by the "demon spirit" at times, and he can't help himself. This morning, he consented to sharing this space with Sadie, and she was happy to lie there beside him.


So all this rest and relaxation is fine, but we're going to head out for another hike today. We'll be hiking in what's known as Boy Scout Canyon south of Boulder City. The hiking book describes a colorful canyon, and so we'll go have a look. Pictures to follow, of course.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. ~ Beverly Sills

Julierose said...

Your inchies are looking really pretty! Beautiful sunset out there....
It is snowing again this afternoon--many flurries not much accumulation as yet...I am so done with snow--it hasn't snowed here this much for years...
Spring, where art thou? Buried under all this snow I guess...
Stay safe on your hike...
hugs, Julierose

gpc said...

The inchies are adorable, I love the impact that little bit of coloring makes. I had never seen such a thing before you, so you are my hero trailblazer (of a trail I never intend to travel). Enjoy your hike. Like Julierose, I am sick and tired of snow and cold and winter.

Nancy said...

You will be glad that you are in a location with a pretty sunset and warm enough to get out and hike. We are expecting cold weather starting Thursday with Winter Storm warnings being issued. We are hearing various forecasts as to the amount of snow that might accumulate on the valley floor. Today it is sunny and cold. At least cold for us. It is suppose to much colder especially at night. This morning was 28 degrees. I know that is warm for many parts of the country. The only good thing about the cold is we will be able to trim the roses on Presidents Day the way I was always told that it should be done.
The best thing about winter is that we are closer to spring.

Sandra W said...

Just got caught up today with your latest travels and sewing. The inchie project is cute. I got all the stuff to do the first one I saw you do (doll quilt) and still haven't started it. But going to a lot of zoom quilt lectures and workshops and enjoying them. Sounds like you are having a good time. That Hoover damn is something, isn't it. We saw it about 10 years ago on a road trip.

SJSM said...

A nice slow day for you. Sounds restful and peaceful. Even your kitties agree. I have quite a mess on my hands. I am going through all my patterns and trying to see what to purge. It’s not as many as I hoped but I am making progress. I put the good ones up for sale on the SewItsForSale groups io website. A great place to find sewing stuff at good prices. It’s only for personal sewing room castoffs. Lots of fabric and all things sewing. Oh, and no charges from the group owner.

Weather here is cloudy with hopes of rain. Cool, in the 50s in the day time. A drought is developing. That would mean bad summer fires if this continues.

piecefulwendy said...

Those inches are so cute. I think I might look into one of those perches for Wilbs. That is one gorgeous sunset!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Ah, to be a kitty and have perches in the sun such as those! Congratulations on getting a great deal on a new laptop...now the learning curve begins!

MissPat said...

I'm guessing the new laptop is going to be a big adventure all on its own. I dread having to replace mine, but know it's a fact of life. My husband is still using a Windows 7 desktop and I've been urging him to upgrade because its so slow compared to my Chromebook and also badly outdated. I only use it when I need to print something. Next printer will definitely be wireless.
That sunset was amazing. We've had lots of sunshine (very unusual) but also cold temps with more on the way.
Pat

Kaisievic said...

I love the Inchies and also your cats on their perches!

Kate said...

That double daisy stitch is pretty cool. I need to read up on how to do a tassel (?) stitch. The SIT has a project that includes that stitch and she doesn't understand how to do it. Have loved all your inchy stitching this week.