11/16/17

A Tail and a Half

Good morning. Smitty here.


My mom and dad are off exploring the Great Smeowky Meowntains today, and so it seemed like a good time for me to get on the blog and give you the real scoop about what's been going on here at the Three Cats Ranch Traveling Circus. My mom always glosses over the hard work Sadie and I do while we're on the road. But befur I go on, I should discuss our demands. Furrst and furrmost, we demand our food. A cat cannot work without sustenance.


Sometimes my mom and dad try to foist off these toy mousies on us, but let me tell you...purrtooey. All fluff and stuff and not a purrticle of nutrition.


Also, good grooming is impurrative, and so we insist on ample brushing. This is an equal oppurrtunity for our dad to groom both of us at the same time. He's very furrtunate that way.


Also, plenty of snooze time.





Rest is impurrtant for so many reasons, but to impurrove one's mental health, REM sleep is necessary. REM sleep is when I dream of home.


Finally, plenty of exercise. Sadie and I purrfer yoga.



Okay, so now that our purrimary needs are taken care of, let me tell you some of the purrsitions we hold as RV cats.

1. We mow the grass outside the RV.


Fur this job, my mom and dad insist that I wear the Horrible Harness.


And this is where my shadow side comes out because I have a way of getting my retribution.


Now, pay attention, Other RV Cats out there in Internet Land. Simply purrsition your human so that when another human takes a picture, it looks as if they're ...well...let's just say that cats have the good manners to do this in the litter box.


2. We purrtect the RV from stupid woofies.


My purrferred method is speaking "Yoda-ese" to them in my most threatening meow.


Sadie purrfers the stink-eye appurroach.


3. Hunting the wild red dot. This is a repetitive purroblem in the RV. We think we've rid ourselves of it, and then it reappurrs at the strangest of times.


Sadie is purrticularly good at this.


Sometimes she purrforms this task with such great rapidity that it's hard to even see her.


4. We keep an eye on the mirror cat. This is the most purrplexing of the purroblems we face while purrtecting our domain. What do you think is going on here?


We try and we try to get this cat out of the RV, but its lair is impurrnetrable. It is a good-looking cat though, so we let it stay with a stern warning to stay on its own side of the domicile.

5. Sadie's most impurrtant function is fly-catching. She hunts them down with purrcision, laser vision.


When she catches them, she eats them. Ew. I purrfur mousies, myself.


6. Snoopervision. We take our observations of the goings-on outdoors very seriously. It's impurrtant to keep a safe haven at all times.



7. Chair-warmers.


8. Sewing assistants.


9. Also, stitching inspectors.



So you can see that our tasks are many and our work is purrpetual. But here's the most impurrtant tip I can give you Other RV cats in Internet Land. You must assert dominance at all times. This is impurrative to establishing propurr leadership in the RV habitat.


The purrformance obligations of the RV cat are many. Purrobably I will think of others, but please consider this my furrst overview. I'll return later with more tasks at a future date. Until then, Smitty, signing off.

15 comments:

Cathy Smith said...

Smitty my man! SO GOOD to hear from you! Yes, there is an awful lot to keep fur purrsons busy while RVing. It is obvious you are highly responsible in your duties! Sadie, too! I'm certain the "Yoda look" works better than any high priced security system on the market. Please be sure to check in again with all of us. I have every confidence you will make sure to get everyone safely back home to Three Cats Ranch. Pets, hugs and smoochies to you and Sadie!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is wonderful to hear from Smitty and Sadie for the 'cats-eye' view of this journey. Keep your humans safe and happy. Ear scritches to both of you.

works4me said...

So nice to hear from you Smitty. I was starting to worry that you and Sadie were unwilling captives. Enjoy your extra special time with the humans, and keep up the good work.

Annette Mandel said...

Nice of Smitty to reach out to his fan base.

QuiltShopGal said...

You and Sadie are purrfect cats for RV or home and work so very hard to keep your two legged family members in check. One day I hope you write and publish a book of your traveling, quilting/sewing, or other adventures. I'd buy several copies (for myself, as well as gifts).

I hope you continue to have fun on your travels. I'm sure your 2 legged family members appreciate your hard work, all on their behalf too!

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

liniecat said...

Priceless lol

Sarah said...

Hey there Smitty - nice to hear from you. Love the flattened ears and your sisters pinpoint eyes. I'm sure that critter got ur point. Are you sure the photo in #3 is not a 'nip induced vision? Momma gave me some of the good stuff this morning and I was seeing all kinds of weird stuff. Gotta run....Momma's here for snack time. Zorro

Lynette said...

Haha!!! Those flat ears at the dog! That's just great. :)

Tilly said...

Love your story so much Smitty.
greetings to your sister.

Kate said...

You and Sadie work so hard Smitty. I'm sure your Mom and Dad really appreciate all that you do.

piecefulwendy said...

So glad you and Sadie are enjoying yourselves, Smitty! Max likes to assert his dominance too, but he really does not enjoy brushings. Perhaps you could persuade him a bit on that, eh?

Ioleen said...

So nice to hear from you, Smitty. Looks like you and Sadie are enjoying your trip and keeping busy.

QuiltGranma said...

Smitty, my boy! It is so good to hear from you again! I'm sure all the excitement out side the catio is extremely interesting to watch and smell. Don't forget your jobs of keeping those peepoles warm! Under chin scratches to all! Bye for Meow!

Brown Family said...

That is a lot of chores and responsibilities for two kitties. We Hope you get premium food and lots of attention!

Angel, Kirby and Max!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your & Sadie's hard work Smitty!