4/14/12

Foto Finish: Blue

The optional theme for this week's Foto Finish is Blue.  Here's my entry:


This is a macro shot of one of our bearded iris.  They are so beautiful when they get a chance to bloom in weather that is relatively dry.  This one is from a few years ago, but they are coming out of the ground right now.  I'm hoping for a good iris year.  I've missed seeing them.  So beautiful.

For next week's optional theme, I think I'll choose "Trees in Bloom".

Now I'm ready to see your blues.  Here's Mr. Linky:


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments:

Maree said...

Gorgoeus blue iris - hope you do have a good iris season this year. They are beautiful flowers.

quiltzyx said...

Wow! My Iris are the same color as yours!! I have quite a few in bloom just now, since we've had some rain the last couple weeks.
That is a gorgeous macro!!!

Anonymous said...

My son and my dog out on the his catamaran. I set the photo in one of those fun photo effects. I love iris.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! Just gorgeous!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

That's beautiful, is that the real color? I looked for blue flowers but didn't have any. I hope you have a bunch this year, I can't wait to see more pictures.

Judee said...

Love your Iris. It is my fave flower.

Kate said...

Beautiful shot! Love the texture, it looks so soft.