9/23/11

Cats All Together Now

I completed the last cat for my "Let Sleeping Cats Lie" quilt today.


And then . . . just to show you that I'm not kiddin' around, I sewed all the blocks together


and fused the mice between the center blocks.


Obviously, I still need to do the top-stitching on the mice.  I'm going to do their top stitching all in gray, and I'm going to give them bead eyes and noses.  Sue, at Zzyzx & Sue was kind enough to share some beads with me.  I'll hold off on them until it's quilted.  That will be the last thing I put on, just prior to the binding.

I'll probably finish up the top-stitching tomorrow, and then I'll be adding two borders and making the back.  My quilter, Tammi, tells me that my "Winter Wonderland" quilt is finished, and so I'll be meeting up with her sometime next week to exchange quilted for unquilted.  If all goes well, that is.  One never knows.

I'm linking up to Artists in Blogland.  Check it out!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I am excited about seeing your Winter Wonderland quilt and what Tammi did on it.

quiltzyx said...

I read the title of the post & part of a song started...All together now....all together now...!

The kitties look great - lots of movement in this one. Now the anticipation of seeing Winter Wonderland all quilted. :D

Joni Nickrent said...

WOW! That turned out purr-fectly! Love it! The colors are poppin! POP ART MINIS

linda (dots n doodles) said...

This is beautiful with such lovely colours. Cute kitties as well.

bohemiannie! art said...

This looks GReat all put together. Can't wait to see the finished mice...and the new quilt.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I totaly adore this quilt! :) Wow!