4/17/11

An Unexpected Squishy

I got the nicest surprise in yesterday's mail.  Several weeks ago, I submitted a star to the Just One Star campaign.  Here's my star:


Yesterday, I got a nice little thank you surprise from Moda with a card and a packet of 2-inch charms!


Cool!  I wasn't expecting that at all.  The charm pack is the "Buttercup" collection.  I wondered if everyone who submits a star is getting one of these.  There must be thousands of people involved in this project, if what I'm reading on blogs and quilting forums is any indication.  So, kudos to Moda for their involvement in the project, and for sending me a little charm pack.  I was charmed for sure!

I finished putting the second border on my baby quilt yesterday.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, and I'm even more happy that the fabrics all came from my stash.


Oh . . . but not so fast on those fabrics from my stash.  I had a pink butterfly print picked out for the back (pink background with little white butterflies).  Then, after cutting it, I realized that it wasn't a standard width, and it turned out to be too narrow from selvage to selvage.  Bummer.  And now I don't have a piece large enough to use it for this quilt.  So that means I'll have to buy something for the back.  I thought about piecing it, but I didn't think I would like the way it looked.  I won't really be adding fabric to my stash with this since I'll use it right away for the back.  But it won't reduce the fabrics in my stash either.  Oh well.  Stash reduction doesn't have to be the point, does it?

And I got another tulip done for my tulip pillowcases.  These go together in about twenty minutes, and so I'm thinking of starting and ending my quilting sessions with one.  If I do that, they'll get done within a couple of weeks.  I need 16 more of these to finish my pillowcases.


And when those are done, I have to finish the hand sewing on the binding of my tulip quilt.  The quilting is so pretty, done by my long arm quilter, Tammi.  I'll post a picture soon, I promise.

The sun has come out for the first time in about a week.  I'm going to get my gardening jeans on and pull some of my plentiful weeds.  George is itching for a walk too, and so I guess I'd better get to it!

3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How wonderful of Moda to send the thank you. I sent in two stars but haven't heard a thing but then, that's not why I made them.
Your baby quilt is adorable.
The tulip is beautiful for your pillowcases. I love the colors.
We pulled weeds yesterday - sure wish everything in my flowerbed grew so well - lol!

Kate said...

The baby quilt is beautiful and I love your tulip block!

otterdaughter said...

Moda is probably picking random people to send the goodies to. I sent in three months ago and nothing has appeared in my mailbox, but that's just fine with me.

...A thought: Did you make your star block out of Moda fabrics? That might have something to do with it...