1/29/11

Foto Finish--Peace

This is the image I had in mind when I chose the topic for the week:


It was taken at the Grove of the Patriarchs on Mt. Rainier, Washington.  There is a place where an island in the river has protected the huge trees from fire and other calamity for centuries and the trees that grow there are over 1,000 years old--some of the oldest living things on earth.  It was a rainy day and we hiked in our rain gear.  Somehow the rain actually enhanced the peaceful experience, however.  For one thing, there were almost no people on the trail with us.  The canopy was so dense that it kept the rain from penetrating and making us really miserable, but the big drops were falling and added to the otherwise silent drama of the place.  It was truly a feast for the senses.

I have an advantage when I choose the topic because I already have an image in mind to use if I don't come up with something else during the week.  That makes Foto Finish interesting for me because, while I know how I'm interpreting the theme, I don't know how you will.  It's always fascinating to see what you come up with.  Sometimes we're all different--sometimes we're all the same. 

For next week's theme, I'm choosing "Wiggly"  There are lots of wigglers out there.  It could be lines in your image, or it could be a wiggly subject.  I'll be curious to see what you come up with.  For now, here's Mr. Linky.  I'm looking forward to seeing your "peace" images.

 


3 comments:

LethargicLass said...

Wish I could be there... it really does convey peace

Maree said...

This is a collage of some images taken at a local reserve. It is a truly peaceful place to be.

quiltzyx said...

Beautiful shot Barbara. The yellow leaves keep the rainy day from being too dark. It just makes me take a deep breath & relax!
Mine is zzyzx the cat, snoozing away.