10/13/12

Foto Finish: Leaves


The optional theme for this week's Foto Finish is "Leaves".  Here's my entry:


This is the fall color of a tree we planted down toward the lower end of our property.  There are trees in Oregon that turn a gorgeous flame orange in fall, and we were on the hunt for one of those when we planted this tree.  As you can see, only some of its leaves have changed...I'd say about half...and while this red is nice enough, I'm still hoping for that brilliant orange.  This is the first year the tree has had much size, and so I'm hopeful that as its Autumn colors cover the whole tree, we may see that orange we are seeking.  But, what the heck?  If this red is the best it can do, then that isn't half bad either.

For next week's theme, I'm thinking we should go for that Autumn color:  Orange

Now I'm ready to see your leaves.  Here's Mr. Linky:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments:

Maree said...

I love autumn (fall) colours.

Kate said...

Fall foliage is one of my favorite subjects. I love the brillinat red in your photo.

Denise :) said...

GREAT capture! What a beautiful color those are! :)

Dana Gaffney said...

That's really pretty even if it isn't orange, maybe by next week :).

Debbie said...

Beautiful color....my favorite.

Junebug613 said...

Very nice!!!

quiltzyx said...

Beautiful leaves! I was in Boston in the fall one year with my sister, and the leaves there weren't any better than yours!!