3/17/12

Foto Finish: Something You Don't See Every Day

Today's optional theme is "Something You Don't See Every Day".  Here's my entry:

When Mike and I traveled to Europe for our 25th wedding anniversary (which seems like eons ago now), it was my first and long-awaited trip to the European continent.  For months I planned our trip in order to see as many sights and as many countries as possible during the 21 days we were there.  It was interesting crossing over borders and noticing the difference in architecture and customs from country to country.

These little fire hydrants appeared all over Luxembourg.  Being a small country, we only spent a day in there, but we were absolutely charmed by the people and by how tidy the country was.  These little fire hydrants are what I remember most about the ambience.  The whole country seemed to exude cuteness.  While we were there, we had lunch in a little cafe.  They served us a salad of the most delicious white asparagus I've ever eaten.  It was a simple dish, steamed white asparagus, with a heavenly dressing on it.  It was the most memorable meal of a very memorable trip.

Well, I missed a perfect opportunity for a color theme this week.  What was I thinking?  So I guess I'll have to go with "green" for next week's optional theme.

Now I'm ready to see what you don't see every day.  Here's Mr. Linky:


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments:

Maree said...

This is so cute. I haven't been to Luxembourg - maybe next time if we make it back to Europe.

Jackie McGuinness said...

I am having trouble getting Linky to work this morning.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Finally!!
I love the hydrant! I haven't been to Luxembourg, but would like to. Maybe next year, this year's trips are pretty well selected.

Dana Gaffney said...

Cute! We don't have fire hydrants or I'm afraid I would be sneaking out at night to paint them. Maybe we could start a trend like the knit bombings.

Anonymous said...

I was surprised one day to see my almost all white cat curled up in our chimnea!