2/26/12

Stash Report: Week 9

My fabric in equals my fabric out this week, so no post of shame here.  I've kind of come to the conclusion that it makes sense to shop online for fabric on sale.  There are some terrific deals out there, and with the price of fabric being what it is, it makes sense to purchase fabrics one likes when they are at a good price.  (At least that's how I rationalize it.)  Besides, I really liked these fabrics:


Now, honestly, how many times have I told you that I'm crazy for polka dots?  How many?  Huh?  So you can hardly blame me for giving into the insanity, now can you?  The one on the right reminded me of looking out across the surface of a lake and seeing the sky reflecting in the ripples.  I couldn't resist that one either.  They're sort of like stippled polka dots.  Am I right about that?  Besides, if I stay out of the fabric stores and shop on line, I don't go hog wild buying everything I lay eyes on.  I find that I'm choosier when I'm looking at little thumbnails.  And speaking of hogs . . .

After reading Judy's posts about her Weight Watchers meals, I decided to join Weight Watchers Online last night.  They have a special going on until the end of the month where they waive the joining fee if you pay for three months in advance.  So, okay.  I'm game.  After all, I did resolve to lose 20 pounds at the beginning of the new year, and so far, not changing a thing hasn't helped.  Weird, I know.  Do you think joining the website will do the trick?  I suppose I might actually have to do some of the recipes and follow the point plan.  The one time I tried successfully to lose weight was when I kept a food diary, and this isn't really any different from that.  It is easier, however.  And I don't have to give up my nightly ice cream, which would be near-on impossible.

And speaking of ice cream, I just want to say here that Haagen Dazs is my favorite brand name of ice cream because it actually has "Hog" in the name.  (I don't think I thought that up out of my own tiny brain, but I can't remember who said it before me.  I just happen to agree.)  But I digress.

Here is my stash report:

Fabric Used this Week: 4 yards
Fabric Used in 2012: 30 yards

Fabric Purchased: 4 yards
Total Fabric Purchased in 2012: 25 yards

Net Used in 2012: 5 yards


Just look at those nice whole numbers!  To see how others are doing with their stash-busting efforts, visit:


Patchwork Times

2 comments:

Amy said...

I agree. It is good to catch sales when you can. Who could know that fabric prices would get so expensive!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I'm a polka dot nut, too Barb. And I LOVE to shop online! :o)