1/21/12

Foto Finish: Optional Theme

Okay, okay, okay . . . so those of you who post to Foto Finish regularly are sad that the themes have disappeared.  I can take a hint, no matter how unsubtle.  So here's what I've decided to do: 

I'll bring back themes, but I'm making them optional.  Anyone who wants to post an image on Foto Finish is welcome to do so.  In addition, I'll post an optional weekly theme.  And if I can't think of one, I'll make it Photographer's Choice.  How does that sound?  I'm always open to compromise.

So for those of you who requested that the themes come back, I assigned an optional theme this week of "Where I Live."  In keeping with the theme, I decided to post this image:


This was actually taken in January five years ago.  January is our biggest snow month around here.  We had even more snow last night, but the temperatures have warmed up and the rain is falling now.  It won't take long for our deep snow drifts to disappear at this point. 

Don't feel that you need to follow the theme if you don't care to.  And if you do, don't feel that you need to post a literal image of where you live.  Show us your sewing room, your kitchen, your city, your county, your state . . . as always, you are free to interpret the theme however you like.

For next week's optional theme, I'm still stuck on the snow.  But I'm not asking for snow.  I'm asking for a color.  Let's go with:   White

Now I'm ready to see your images, theme or no theme.  Here's Mr. Linky:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice photo of home! Love it! Have a beautiful weekend! Hugs

Kate said...

Beautiful photo. Another one that would make a great greaing card. Snow makes everything look so pretty, as long as you don't have to get anywhere in it.

Thank you for bringing back the themes. I enjoy the challenge of coming up with a photo that fits.

WoolenSails said...

LOL, my house has been stripped so no photos. We are getting new siding and today there is a snowstorm, so I hope we get it done next week.

Debbie

Jackie McGuinness said...

Nice shot!!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Perfect theme, thanks.

Dana Gaffney said...

Oh, I love all of the snow pictures, it makes everything so pretty. I've missed out on a lot of the Foto Finishes. Maybe you should ask people to suggest themes, then you don't have to keep coming up with them on your own. Either way is fine with me.