1/1/11

Foto Finish--Beginnings

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Wow!  The first Foto Finish of the New Year.  "Beginnings" seems like a good place to start.  Here's my entry:


I love seeing these baby ferns in our woods at the beginning of Spring.  These are from last year, but I'm hopeful they'll be growing when we get back from our trip.

If you follow along, then you know we're getting ready to leave on our snowbird trip any day now.  Our hope is to get out of here on the 2nd, but you never can tell.  It'll be close, even if we're not right on schedule.  I've suspended my other weekly, Fun Fact Friday Freebie, until April 1st.  I'll re-introduce it with a great giveaway, so don't miss out. 

As for Foto Finish, my plan is to keep it going while we're traveling.  I must warn you, however, that we are sometimes out of range and have no internet access.  This generally happens when we're staying in one of our inspiring national parks.  I'll be blogging about our trip and keeping you posted on where we are, and I'll try to warn you if I think I might not post for a few days.  If I think we're going to be out of range, I can schedule my posts ahead of time.  If we're out of range for too long (say, more than a week), then things will start falling behind.  I hope you'll be patient and keep checking.  I may be late, but I'll definitely be back.  And when I do get back in range, I'll more than likely have LOTS of pictures for you.  I hope you'll enjoy them.

So here's Mr. Linky.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for "Beginnings."  Our first stop on our trip is Death Valley National Park, and so there's a good likelihood that I'll be out of range next week.  Even so, I'll pick a topic, I'll try to post ahead, and I hope you'll be there with your images even if I have to wait a few days to see them.  That said, next week's topic will be:  Scenic

3 comments:

Maree said...

I was thinking along the same lines as you Barbara. Daffodils being a sign that spring has arrived and summer is well on its way.

Kate said...

Beautiful photograph Barbara. I considered doing something similar, but as much as possible I've been using Foto Pinish to challenge me each week to take new photographs.

Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to seeing all your location shots! Happy New Year

Peggy said...

I was not really sure on a photo for this theme beginnings until I was thinking about the days beginning to get longer of an evening.
Thanks for hosting this....I enjoy looking at photos and the ideas behind them.