12/13/10

Design Wall Monday--December 13, 2010

I finished up my tulip quilt this week.  I'm calling this quilt "Tiptoe through the Tulips."  I worked on it every spare minute, and so it's the only thing I have to show for my work this week.  Now . . . on to finishing up those pesky Christmas gifts.

It's a queen size--so big, I can't fit the whole thing in the frame.  So here's a closer up picture so that you can see all 15 borders!  There are also 92 pieced tulips.



That's it for me this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you got done this week.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! What a gorgeous quilt! I love the purple and yellow tulip fabric you used in the border.

Judy D in WA said...

FABULOUS! Just fabulous! Even with the black, it feels like spring.

Cathy said...

It is bee-you-tee-full!!!

Tamera said...

Wow! That's a lot of borders! It's beautiful!

Chris said...

Great work. It is beautiful.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

15 borders? You must be related to Judy, LOL. Very striking quilt! It is beautiful! Cheers! Evelyn

Charlene S said...

You did a fantastic job!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's fabulous! Way to go putting on all those borders...wow!